The StoryLine improv game - Be creative out loud
Developed by Andrew Foreman
The StoryLine improv game App is an education game application developed by Andrew Foreman. The updated version 2.0, released in March 2017, can be downloaded on Android and iOS devices running on iOS 11.0 or later, such as iPhone 14 Pro Max, 12 Pro, X, SE, iPhone 8, 7, iPad Pro, and iPad Mini. Before downloading the The StoryLine improv game app, let's understand what it's all about.
About The StoryLine improv game App
Do you want to be funnier, more confident and more creative?
Do you want to make up crazy stories and play hilarious characters with your friends?
Do you want to develop the "Yes, and.." technique that professional actors and comedians use?
StoryLine is a fun 2-4 person game where you create short stories together while including random words. While the moving line’s on your side, it’s your turn, but as soon as it crosses the centre your friend takes over the story from the very next word you might have said. Speed the turns up for chaotic brainstorming or slow down for deeper characters and plots. Control the number and difficulty of the random words, set each other up with ridiculous characters and situations, video and share your hilarious stories with the world.
Try all four game variations for free and then buy the Pro version with 3000 words, more time and the ability to create your own Word Packs.
"It's fun. That's great!"
• kids of all ages, teenagers and families
• drama and performance students
• creative writers
• comedians and improvisers
• primary and high school teachers
• people learning English as a second language
• road trips, flights, queues and waits
• ice-breaking and game nights
• encourages creativity
• stimulates imagination
• develops narrative talent
• promotes social interaction
• improves listening and language skills
• boosts confidence
• fosters trust
• enhances team building
• it’s just plain fun!
HOW TO PLAY
Choose one of the four game variations. Tap the screen to bring up random words, and choose one to use in your first sentence. If any more appear weave them into the story.
While the StoryLine is on your side of the screen it’s your turn, but as soon as it crosses to your friend’s side they have to continue the story from the very next word you might have said.
Set each other up with ridiculous characters and situations. Control the number and difficulty of the random words, speed up turns for chaotic brainstorming or slow down for more considered characters and plot.
• Sudden Turn : When your side lights up, continue from the next word. 4-person random turn option.
• Random Words : A new word appears for each person’s turn. Weave it into the story.
• Yes, and: Tap for new words and include as many as you can in your turn. Compete or co-operate.
• Poetry Tennis : 4-second turns. Choose a word then every time, end your sentence with a rhyme.
• 2-4 players
• recording feature – share stories on social media
• portrait or landscape mode
• compatible with Apple TV
• selection of backgrounds
• tips page
• demo videos
Need help? Use our The StoryLine improv game Walkthrough page or sign up and make your contribution today.
What's new in version 2.0
We are back with a UI clean up, optimisations and bug fixes. Added new functionality to restart your game, enjoy!
Get The StoryLine improv game App for iOS/Android - Download Now
Quickly download the The StoryLine improv game app for iPhone/iPad and Android by clicking the download buttons or scanning the QR code below.