What3words is a app developed by what3words and released for iOS and Android in July 2013. The updated version 4.29.1, released in July 2013, can be downloaded on Android and iOS devices running on iOS 11.0 or later, such as iPhone 14 Pro Max, 12 Pro, X, SE, iPhone 8, 7, iPad Pro, and iPad Mini. Before downloading the What3words app, let's understand what it's all about.
About what3words App
what3words is an easy way to identify precise locations. Every 10 foot square has been given a unique combination of three words: a what3words address. Now you can find, share and navigate to precise locations using three simple words.
Use what3words to:
- Find your way anywhere in the world using just three words
- Plan exact meet-up locations
- Help people find your apartment, business or Airbnb
- Always find your way back to your parking space
- Save key locations, from incident reporting to delivery entrances
- Save your favorite memorable spots – a sunset, a waterfall, proposal location
- Guide people to accessible entrances
- Help emergency services find you
You can find what3words addresses in travel guides, website contact pages, invitations, travel booking confirmations and more – anywhere you would normally find location information. If you’re invited to a friend’s home, ask them to share their what3words address.
- Find your current what3words address offline
- Compatible with navigation apps, including Apple Maps and Google Maps
- Save your favourite locations, categorise and share them as lists
- AutoSuggest prompts you with intelligent suggestions
- Available in over 50 languages
- Navigate offline with compass mode
- Add a what3words address to a photo
If you experience any problems or have any questions, email us at email@example.com
What's new in version 4.29.1
- We've now added language support for Sinhala & Traditional Chinese
Get what3words App for iOS/Android - Download Now
Quickly download the what3words app for iPhone/iPad and Android by clicking the download buttons or scanning the QR code below.