Photo & Video
Cast and share your screen!
Enjoy anything on the big screen without any hassle. Just wirelessly connect your phone or tablet to your Sony TV. Finally, you can get rid of those annoying and unsafe cables. You don't need expensive hardware either.
In less than 5 minutes you can make your life easier and more comfortable. Get this app and screen mirror, cast or stream anything to your TV from your iOS device.
This works on any Sony Smart TV from the 2012 models onward.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
Enjoy series, movies, sport, live streams, breaking news or web videos. In big size of course!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Sony TV. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Sony TV app. It will start looking for your Sony TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, depending on your model Sony TV, the TV might ask you to "allow" the connection. In that case, take your TV Remote Control and press OK to allow the connection from your TV to your iPhone or iPad.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Sony TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
Some apps block Screen Mirroring. This means that application developers can choose themselves if they want to block Screen Mirroring. For instance, Netflix, Disney and AppleTV+ have decided to block this.
There is a simple test that you can do to see if the app that you want to mirror has blocked Screen Mirroring:
Open that particular app and slide up Control Center on your iPhone/iPad. Then, click on Screen Recording and start recording the screen to your Camera Roll. Watch the app that you want to mirror and at some point stop the screen recording. Then go to your Photos app and watch the video that was recorded. If the recorded video shows the app you want to mirror, it works fine. If the video is empty, then the app you want to mirror does not allow Screen Mirroring.
You can purchase the Mirror for Sony TV Pro Version through an in app purchase.
The Pro Version has the following features:
1. Adds audio to the screen mirroring
2. Provides for free lifetime updates of the app
3. Gives the option to choose higher screen resolutions, like 720p and 1080p
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Feel free to check:
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mirror for Sony Smart TV is a app developed by AirBeamTV BV and released for iOS and Android in November 2017. You can download the app on iOS 13.0 and later on the following devices: iPhone 13 Pro Max, 12 Pro, X, SE, iPhone 8, 7, iPad Pro, and iPad Mini.
What's new in version 5.0.2
Update your app to get the best TV experience. In this release we improved the performance of the app. Also some little bugs were fixed.
Download Mirror for Sony Smart TV App for iOS/Android Now
You can quickly download Mirror for Sony Smart TV iPhone/iPad and Android app by clicking the download buttons or scanning the QR code below.
App Rating & Ranking
Mirror for Sony Smart TV Add-Ons
The app is $4.99, and offers no in-app purchases.