The original iOS remote for the Roku Player (since 2009) - featured in Engadget and Macworld
See a preview at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlYhsEEw_9Y
DVPRemote for Roku enables your iOS device to control Roku Digital Video Players (DVP). In addition supporting to all standard Roku infrared remote control functions, DVPRemote for Roku enables a user to:
- Enter text using voice dictation (on devices that support it) or the use the standard iOS keyboard in portrait or landscape mode (on all devices).
- Select a channel by tapping on it in a user prioritized list.
- Execute functions by tapping buttons on a user selected remote "skin".
- Execute functions by swiping and tapping on a gesture pad which supports both "natural" and standard gestures.
- Control multiple players and switch between them with a single swipe gesture.
- Customize the look (e.g. choose a skin) and behavior (e.g. enable/disable lock screen, sound, vibration, etc.) of the app.
- Send the iOS paste buffer to a Roku player.
DVPRemote for Roku will automatically configure itself by finding the Roku players on your network. It also allows player information to be entered manually if desired.
DVPRemote is not limited to short range line of sight like a standard infrared remote since a WiFI network connection is used. This allows control of Roku players that are inside entertainment centers, in another part of the house, or (with appropriate configuration) anywhere on the internet.
DVPRemote does not currently support the gaming functions of the Roku 2 XS bluetooth remote (e.g. A and B buttons and motion sensing).
If you plan to use DVPRemote on a network which will require you to change the network parameters of the Roku, you might need an infrared or bluetooth remote to do this since DVPRemote will not be able to communicate with the Roku until the network parameters are changed on it.
The Roku Player to be controlled must be accessible from a connection on the device running DVPRemote for all functions of this application to work properly. Roku Players to be controlled by DVPRemote can be connected by either hardwired ethernet or WiFi.
DVPRemote will NOT control Roku Soundbridge devices. (An iTunes search will reveal several apps that do this.)
What's new in version 3.1
1) Added 64-bit architecture support. 2) Removed Netflix Queue Navigation capablity since Netflix no longer supports use of APIs by 3rd party developers. 3) Added warning when trying to select keyboard and no player is selected since the keystrokes can't be sent to any Roku devices. 4) Fixed problem with text being offset incorrectly when app started on iPad in Landscape mode. 5) Removed automatic keyboard pop-up when rotating to landscape mode on iPhone due to changes in iOS 10. 6) Fixed bug which caused app to crash if "return" key pressed after entering player info. 7) Temporarily removing URL launch capability until app store deployment issue can be resolved.
About DVPRemote for Roku
DVPRemote for Roku is an application developed by Phil Irey and released on iOS. The app is compatible with iOS 8.1 or later on the following devices: iPhone 11 Pro, X, Xs, SE, iPhone 8, 7, 6, iPad Pro and iPad Mini.
Click the button or scan the QR code below to download DVPRemote for Roku for iOS. Check out our downloads section to download DVPRemote for Roku for android and other platforms.
App Rating & Updates
What Client’s Say
DVPRemote for Roku Add-Ons
The app is $0.99 and offers no in-app purchases.