Do not buy this app unless you are a professional piano technician. This is a professional tool that produces a custom piano tuning for any piano. It is part of our popular TuneLab line of piano tuning programs for Smartphones, tablet computers, and laptops which piano technicians have been using sine 2001.
* Capable of an accuracy to 0.02 cents.
* Measures and uses inharmonicity of the piano to construct a custom tuning.
* Provides an over-pull mode for more accurate pitch-raises.
* Can store hundreds of tuning files for individual pianos.
* Tuning files can be stored locally and in the Cloud on Dropbox.
* Provides many historical temperaments for period music.
* Switches notes automatically when you play the next note.
* Provides a strobe-like Phase Display for fine-tuning.
* Provides a versatile frequency spectrum display.
TuneLab lets you customize a tuning by sampling the inharmonicity for a few notes of the particular piano. You can choose the kind of tuning stretch you want, based on octaves, 12ths, double-octaves, or other intervals. Good defaults are in place if you are not sure which settings you prefer. Then you start tuning.
After a custom tuning has been created from inharmonicity measurements you can store this tuning by name. The next time you need to tune that piano, or one very much like it, you simply load that same tuning file and start tuning. There is essentially no limit to the number of tuning files that you can store. TuneLab comes with some sample tuning files and an "Average" tuning file so you can start tuning right away without bothering to measure inharmonicity.
TuneLab covers the normal piano range from A0 to C8 (88 notes). The automatic note-switching feature makes it possible to enjoy hands-free operation. There is also easy one-touch manual note switching.
TuneLab has two different displays that are visible at the same time. One is the Phase Display. This is a band where black squares move left or right. The object in tuning is to make the squares stop moving. The other is a Spectrum Display. This is a graph that shows a peak in the audio frequency spectrum for every pitch present in the sound. The object here is to tune so as to place the peak in the graph at a central red line. The spectrum display makes it possible to do rough tuning without mutes, since each string of a unison produces its own peak in the graph. Having both the Phase Display and the Spectrum Display visible at the same time gives you a more complete picture of the tuning than any single spinner-type or needle-type display.
What's new in version 4.4
* A new tuning curve generation method called "3-part tuning" provides the means to specify the kind of interval that should be beatless at three separate places in the scale: bass, treble, and middle. * "Auto-all" note switching mode will now switch automatically from any note to any other note.
About TuneLab Piano Tuner
TuneLab Piano Tuner is an application developed by Real-Time Specialties and released on iOS. The app is compatible with iOS 9.0 or later on the following devices: iPhone 11 Pro, X, Xs, SE, iPhone 8, 7, 6, iPad Pro and iPad Mini.
Click the button or scan the QR code below to download TuneLab Piano Tuner for iOS. Check out our downloads section to download TuneLab Piano Tuner for android and other platforms.
App Rating & Updates
What Client’s Say
TuneLab Piano Tuner Add-Ons
The app is $299.99 and offers no in-app purchases.