Complete Feature List
- Pleasant look & feel in both portrait & landscape orientation (iPhone & iPad)
- Side by Side and Over the Screen for iPad
- Move your pieces by Tap either by Drag & Drop
- Non distractive “Side to Move” indicator
- Last move highlight helps keep the current variation context
- On screen opening classification (opening name, variation name)
- On screen ECO classification
- Single tap “Reset Position”
- Strong chess engine helps you during your analyze sessions (activated/deactivated by toggle “Fish” button) *
- “Evaluation Score” indicator helps assess a position
- On display “Principal Variation” - a sequence of moves that engine consider best and therefore expect to be played
- Display multiple PV lines (up to 5) with "Plus" and "Minus" buttons when engine is ON
- “Evaluation Depth” - indicator suggests the quality of the current evaluation (The higher this number, the more sure you can be about how accurate the engines decisions are)
- "Best Move Suggestion" renders the best move as an arrow over the board (on/off by dedicated button)
- Interactive “Moves Strip” helps you navigate back and forth over the moves have been played so far with as easy as simple tap.
- Embedded “Opening Explorer” pane brings the millions of indexed positions played in over of 2M master games. The “Opening Explorer” pane ** shows detailed statistics and the list of most played moves for on board position. Each move presented in SAN notation followed by number of games the move had been played in the master games, percentage of games won by white pieces, percentage of draws and percentage of games won by black pieces. The moves are tap-able and allow you play play them over the board. (tap to play)
- “Flip Board” to change the board orientation and see the position any side perspective
- “Opening Explorer” respects the board orientation and redraw the moves stats accordantly
* no internet connection required
** requires active internet connection
Need help? Use our Know Your Moves Walkthrough page or sign up and make your contribution today.
What's new in version 1.1
- Add/Remove principal variations. (from 1 to 5 lines can be presented simultaneously on the screen) - Improved "Evaluation Indicator" - PV line extended with information about evaluation and depth
About Know Your Moves
Know Your Moves is a strategy game developed by Sergii Guslystyi, and is available for download on both iOS and Android devices. The app is compatible with iOS 14.1 or later on the following devices: iPhone 11 Pro, X, Xs, SE, iPhone 8, 7, 6, iPad Pro and iPad Mini.
Click the button or scan the QR code below to download Know Your Moves for iOS. Check out our downloads section to download Know Your Moves for android and other platforms.
App Rating & Updates
Know Your Moves Add-Ons
The app is $3.99 and offers no in-app purchases.