Photo & Video
Intuitive yet powerful, Lumos accurately predicts the position of the sun and moon at any time, on any day, in any place. Whether you’re planning a photo shoot, a wedding, or a solar panel installation, tracking the sun and moon has never been easier!
Lumos is divided into six main modules:
• The augmented reality view harnesses the power of AR to visually project past, present, or future sun and moon positions (and moon phases!) onto your surroundings, letting you perfectly visualize your plans.
• The map view overlays the sun and moon positions for a given time and location onto a map of that location, letting you make plans from afar.
• The Street View mode works like the AR view, but it takes advantage of Google Street View to allow you to envision sun and moon positions for remote locations (requires Lumos Pro).
• The calendar view displays a simple list of rise/set times and moon phases throughout the year, letting you see the big picture at a glance. Tap a row to see the detailed ephemeris for that day.
• The notifications module lets you sign up to receive notifications for significant solar and lunar events, including: astronomical, nautical, and civil dawn/dusk, blue hour, golden hour, sunrise/set, solar noon, moon rise/set, lunar transit, and lunar perigee/apogee (requires Lumos Pro).
• The shadow length view calculates the exact length of the shadow an object will cast on a given time and day, letting you see the result both visually and numerically. You can also calculate the height of an object if you know the length of its shadow.
With an affordable one-time purchase of Lumos Pro, you can also:
• Search for a location by name or manually enter coordinates
• Save locations for later reference or offline use*
• Take notes on a saved location and have them readily available the next time you view it
*The map view and Street View do not currently support offline use
NOTE: The sun and moon positions calculated by Lumos are accurate to within a small fraction of a degree. However, as with any augmented-reality app, the accuracy of the projection is dependent on the underlying hardware. If you are seeing inaccurate positions, please calibrate your device's compass and ensure that you are not near any sources of electromagnetic interference (e.g. microwaves, computers, car engines, high voltage lines). Phone cases containing batteries are known to cause compass interference. You can also use the visual calibration tool to align the projection with sun’s current position. Please feel free to contact us if you continue to have issues.
What's new in version 2.2.3
- Fixed a bug in the way date pickers were presented on iOS 14 - Updated libraries and SDKs
About Lumos: Sun and Moon Tracker
Lumos: Sun and Moon Tracker is an application developed by Luminous Labs and released on iOS. The app is compatible with iOS 11.0 or later on the following devices: iPhone 11 Pro, X, Xs, SE, iPhone 8, 7, 6, iPad Pro and iPad Mini.
Click the button or scan the QR code below to download Lumos: Sun and Moon Tracker for iOS. Check out our downloads section to download Lumos: Sun and Moon Tracker for android and other platforms.
App Rating & Updates
Lumos: Sun and Moon Tracker Add-Ons
The app is $1.99 and offers no in-app purchases.