Aviary is a beautiful Twitter client built with iOS design guidelines in mind. It's simple enough to pick up and use immediately, and powerful enough to tweak it just the way you want. The delightful interface is coupled with extensive features that feel the part on your device, whilst elevating your Twitter experience.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE AVIARY:
Browse Twitter without the distractions of promoted tweets or ads. Use filters to hide tweets containing keywords, users, media, quotes, retweets, tweets above or below certain thresholds, regular expressions, and more. Tweak app icons, tints, gestures, tweet appearances, and much more with the extensive list of settings options.
Quickly view lists, set custom tabs, change accounts, respond to tweets, share content, and more using gestures and context menus. Siri Shortcuts, Share Extensions, iMessage Stickers, and Widgets means that the fun doesn't stop when you leave the app.
- Browse Twitter in chronological order without the distractions of promoted tweets or ads
- Beautiful iOS-centric UI
- Universal app (one-time purchase to get it on iPhone, iPad, Watch, and Mac)
- Widgets to display timeline feeds and latest tweets on your home screen
- Multiple scrollable columns on iPad
- Compose tweets with media, GIFs, ASCII character faces, drawings, and more
- Delete and edit tweets
- Powerful tweet filters (words, hashtags, users, media, quoted content, retweets, tweets above or below certain thresholds, regular expressions, sentiment, and more)
OTHER EXCITING FEATURES:
- Context menus across the app to quickly perform actions
- Hashflags support
- View polls
- View pinned tweets
- List creation and browsing support
- Trends and search support
- Extensive profile actions, including adding private notes to remember details about the respective user
- In-app Instagram media and YouTube playback
- Share tweets as images (with fine-tuning)
- Intuitive gestures (swipe tweets, long-press tweets and tab bar items, pinch the screen to screenshot, and more)
- Siri Shortcuts to perform quick actions
- Biometric app lock
- Text and image text translations
- Autoplaying timeline videos
- Fetch-based push notifications for mentions and replies
- Drag and Drop tweet and media support
- Extensive keyboard shortcuts and trackpad support
- Custom app icons and themes to tweak the app to your liking
- Dark mode and high-contrast backgrounds
- Watch app to browse and post tweets
- Share Extension to post tweets and media
- Action Extension to open Twitter links in the app
- iMessage Stickers
- Accessibility labels, dynamic font sizing, and VoiceOver support
- Haptics and alerts
- iCloud sync
GET IN TOUCH:
If you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch. Aviary was created by an incredibly small team of one and I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm available through Twitter @JPEGuin.
What's new in version 1.1.41
- Saved tweets can now be ordered by date created too - Improved tweet detail animations - Reduced the app size - Minor UI changes - Fixed issue where the iPad app would revert to the single-column layout at times after exiting the app - Fixed issue where image previews would sometimes fail to open in the media viewer - Fixed issue where full-width images would be sized incorrectly in multi-column views - Fixed issue where tweet details would disappear at times - Fixed issue where enabling full-width media would display thread lines over the images when viewing tweet details’ parent tweets - Fixed issue where the app would crash when attempting to fetch signed in account profile pictures for the quick switcher at times - Fixed various crashes Please note that Twitter API limitations imposed upon third-party apps can cause timelines to be empty, and some in-app actions to fail to perform at times. If you’re curious about whether an issue you’re facing within the app is due to being rate limited via the API, please get in touch. Aviary was created by an incredibly small team of one and I’d love to hear your thoughts. I’m available through Twitter @JPEGuin. Happy tweeting! - Shihab
Aviary is an application developed by Shihab Mehboob and released on iOS. The app is compatible with iOS 14.0 or later on the following devices: iPhone 11 Pro, X, Xs, SE, iPhone 8, 7, 6, iPad Pro and iPad Mini.
Click the button or scan the QR code below to download Aviary for iOS. Check out our downloads section to download Aviary for android and other platforms.
App Rating & Updates
The app is $4.99 and offers no in-app purchases.