Smooth head tracking for games
SmoothTrack uses the AR capabilities of your phone to provide the simplest and best head tracker for 6 degrees-of-freedom head movements in your sim games.
ANY iOS 13 DEVICE IS SUPPORTED!
"The best new controller on the market will only set you back $9.99. It's a smartphone app called SmoothTrack." - Polygon
"SmoothTrack just works. Less than 5 minutes to install, setup and fly. Love not being tethered to my desk! 5 stars!!"
"This worked perfectly and way better than expected! Totally enhanced my experience with MFS 2020!"
It's a near magical experience to seamlessly slightly move your head and have your game perspective immediately play along (the movements in the game are exaggerated so that you only have to make slight movements of your head to control the camera).
- Simply lean forward to get a closer look at your Flight Simulator cockpit!
- Look a bit up to see the overhead panel of your A320!
- Simply shift your head a bit to the right to see the direction of the space station you're approaching in Elite: Dangerous!
- Look a bit left before a hard left turn in Euro Truck Simulator 2!
No headset or extra equipment of any kind is required! Simply set up your device so that it can see your face. Using the on-screen controls, you can shift your perspective in-game.
Your head movements are slightly exaggerated which enables you to look out of a cockpit side window with just a slight movement of your head to the left.
Any game that supports the FreeTrack or TrackIR protocol will work with this, including:
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Microsoft FSX
- DCS World
- Elite: Dangerous
- IL2: Sturmovik
- Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Kerbal Space Program
- ...and many, many others!
INSTRUCTIONS (included in the app):
1. On your computer, install and run the latest version of the free program "OpenTrack". It is available on GitHub at http://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/releases
2. In OpenTrack, as "Input source", choose "UDP over network". As Output, choose "Freetrack 2.0 Enhanced", as its sub-type "Both".
3. Make sure the UDP port OpenTrack is using is open both on your firewall and router.
4. Find the IP address of your PC by running 'ipconfig' in a Command Line - look for "IPv4 Address".
5. Now, in SmoothTrack, set up your IP address and port in the settings
6. Press "Start" in OpenTrack
7. Tap Play here in SmoothTrack and you should see the OpenTrack octopus move around, which means any game that supports TrackIR will now be supporting your head tracking! If the octopus is not moving, then check Troubleshooting for more detailed instructions.
Email support is provided if there are any issues (or if you have any ideas for new features!).
Need help? Use our SmoothTrack Walkthrough page or sign up and make your contribution today.
What's new in version 1.05
USB connection mode - lower your latency by directly connecting to your PC via USB. No more network headaches!
SmoothTrack is an action game developed by John Goering, and is available for download on both iOS and Android devices. The app is compatible with iOS 13.0 or later on the following devices: iPhone 11 Pro, X, Xs, SE, iPhone 8, 7, 6, iPad Pro and iPad Mini.
Click the button or scan the QR code below to download SmoothTrack for iOS. Check out our downloads section to download SmoothTrack for android and other platforms.
App Rating & Updates
The app is $9.99 and offers no in-app purchases.