Details about your music
Find out more about the albums, artists and songs you love.
Have you ever wondered who is behind the music you're listening to right now? Who are the writers, producers, and everyone who has credits for it? Or also which samples have been used in this song, and which songs have used it as a sample? And what is the story behind it, interesting tidbits and facts?
MusicSmart is the answer to all those questions! It integrates with your music library in the Music* app, so you can get in-depth information about the songs that you listen to. Powered by knowledge from many different sources, MusicSmart can aggregate** and share the following details about an album:
- The album cover in high-resolution (3000x3000)
- The release date and the list of genres
- If it is mastered for iTunes or not
- The record label and copyright info
- And editorial notes from the Apple Music team
And for each song, you'll be able to get information such as:
- Notes with the meaning, trivia and interesting facts
- The list of credits containing who was responsible for each aspect of the track, such as:
- Video directors
- And more
- Which songs it uses as a sample
- Which songs have used this song as a sample
- Music videos
- Live performances
- And more
And for each artist:
- Stage and legal name
- And age
You can also use the Action Extension integrated with the Music app to get these details without having to leave the app***.
* MusicSmart only works with your Music app's music library. Regardless of whether it's an Apple Music or local library. As long as your music library is accessible via the Music app, you can use it with, no Apple Music subscription required.
** The amount of information available for each album and song depends on the data sources used by MusicSmart.
*** Due to a limitation in the sharing feature of the Music app, the Action Extension only works with albums and songs from Apple Music. But you can use the main app to get the same details about your local, non-Apple Music albums as well.
What's new in version 1.0.1
Some users noticed that MusicSmart only uses the "Album Artist" field when used with local music libraries (iTunes Match). This update fixes that, so it should improve the match for albums that previously were unrecognized. Further improvements to the app are coming soon!
MusicSmart is an application developed by Marcos Antonio Tanaka and released on iOS. The app is compatible with iOS 13.4 or later on the following devices: iPhone 11 Pro, X, Xs, SE, iPhone 8, 7, 6, iPad Pro and iPad Mini.
Click the button or scan the QR code below to download MusicSmart for iOS. Check out our downloads section to download MusicSmart for android and other platforms.
App Rating & Updates
The app is $1.99 and offers no in-app purchases.