ibis Paint is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 100 million times in total as a series, over 2500 materials, over 1000 fonts, which provides 379 brushes, 71 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibisPaint are uploaded to our Youtube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibisPaint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- 379 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
- A screen tone feature with 46 tones including Dot, Noise, Horizontal, Vertical, Slash, Cross, and Square.
[Selection Area Features]
- 256 grades of selection for each pixel.
- Selection area inversion, moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Brushes strokes that respect selection area, Flood Fill function, layer duplication, layer catenation, layer moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
ibisPaint provides you with the “Prime Membership” (monthly payment) , which enables you to use fully fledged functions. The more people become a prime members, the faster we can develop our application. We would like to create more functions, so please consider becoming a prime member.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Prime Materials
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- Reordering artworks in My Gallery
- No advertisements in screens except the Online Gallery
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
What's new in version 8.0.0
Thank you for using ibis Paint! The summary of this update is as follows. [New Features] - Added "Special Pen" which consists of Lasso Fill, Lasso Eraser, Liquify Pen, Copy Pen (Relative), Copy Pen (Fixed) and Copy Pen (Move) that can be used to get special results. - Added a feature with which you can share brushes by QR codes. You can use it via the "⋮" button at the top right of the Brush window. - Added "Waterdrop (Rounded)" and "Emboss" filters to the Style category. - Added "Chrome" filter to the Artistic category. - Added "QR Code" filter to the Draw category. - Added "Find Edges" filter to the Adjust Color category. "QR Code" is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED. [Improvements] - Changed the names of "Channels Shift (Zooming, Moving)" filters to "Chromatic Aberration (Zooming, Moving)". - Added an alert suggesting rasterization when the Transformation tool or the Filter tool is launched for a Text layer or a Frame layer. - Added the "Reset Stylus Settings" button on the Settings window. - If the "Movie Type" of an artwork is "View fixation", the frame size of the movie created when uploading or saving the playback movie of the artwork is now determined based on the canvas size of the artwork. - When uploading to the cloud service of CLIP STUDIO, a confirmation window is now displayed after you logging in. - When uploading to the cloud service of CLIP STUDIO, an error alert is now displayed if there is no enough storage space. - Now the thickness mark is shown above the thickness slider when you change the thickness. - Improved the brush tools (brush, eraser, smudge and blur) and the Bucket tool so that an error message is displayed if you try to use it on an invisible layer. - Rulers and symmetry rulers are now displayed with thin lines while you are using the Magic Wand tool, the Lasso tool, the Bucket tool, the Text tool, the Frame Divider tool or the Eyedropper tool. - In the Ruler Selection mode, symmetry rulers are now displayed with gray lines instead of blue lines used in older app versions. - When you undo or redo the operations on rulers, the app was restoring not only rulers but also the activated tool. Now it does not switch the tool when undoing or redoing. - If you use an Outline brush, switch to another tool and use the Bezier curve or Polyline drawing tool and cancel it by two fingers tap, then outlines were no longer connected if you try to continue drawing with the Outline brush. Now this point is improved and you can connect outlines in this situation. - If you use an Outline brush, switch to another tool and use the Line, Circle, Ellipse or Regular Polygon drawing tool and tap the screen, then outlines were no longer connected if you try to continue drawing with the Outline brush. Now this point is improved and you can connect outlines in this situation. - If you use an Outline brush, switch to another tool and use the Bezier curve or Polyline drawing tool and erase all knobs by the Delete button or undo, then outlines were no longer connected if you try to continue drawing with the Outline brush. Now this point is improved and you can connect outlines in this situation. - Improved the process of creating the playback movie so that the process is not interrupted if you rotate the screen or use the Split View feature while the step 1 of uploading process or saving the video. - Improved the process of uploading artworks so that the process is not cancelled if you suspend the app while step 2 or step 3. - Added support for the privacy feature of the Photo library of iOS/iPadOS 14. - Improved an error message which is displayed when app fails to access the Photo library.
About Ibis Paint
Ibis Paint is an application developed by ibis inc and released on iOS. The app is compatible with iOS 11.0 or later on the following devices: iPhone 11 Pro, X, Xs, SE, iPhone 8, 7, 6, iPad Pro and iPad Mini.
Click the button or scan the QR code below to download ibis Paint for iOS. Check out our downloads section to download ibis Paint for android and other platforms.
App Rating & Updates
ibis Paint Add-Ons
The app is $7.99 but you can buy extra add-ons via in-app purchases.