Match Chinese Characters
As English originates from multi-syllabic words, Chinese originates from mono-syllabic ideograms or characters. Reading and recognizing ideograms is the key to learning Chinese. Hone your Chinese reading, Mandarin and Cantonese recognition skills with this simple card pairing game.
- Almost 10K of most common modern ideograms, covering characters encountered in over 99.999% of cases.
- Multiple speakers for Mandarin (Taiwan and Mainland China) and Cantonese (Hong Kong), who pronounce characters as you match them.
- Smart random generator, so that the most common ideograms are presented first.
- Expansive in-game dictionary that lists definitions, use cases, variants (simplified and traditional), and other similar sounding characters.
Choose from three different players modes:
- [Solo] Practice against yourself
- [Player vs. AI] Train against AI
- [Player vs. Player] Compete against friends through Game Center
Select from three different types of matching. These include:
- Identical matching (which requires you to match characters that look exactly the same).
- Variant matching (which requires you to match different forms of the same character).
- Mandarin & Cantonese matching (which requires you to match characters that sound the same).
The base version provides 50+ additional card decks. These include:
- HK Grade Level 1-6 decks (6)
- Stroke count-based decks (5)
- Radical-based decks (40+)
Chinese is a difficult language for beginners. t is also a very expansive language, encompassing many regions and dialects. Playing Ideogram provides an easy and fun way for students of all skill levels to learn and improve their Chinese anytime.
Need help? Use our Ideogram Walkthrough page or sign up and make your contribution today.
What's new in version 3.2.0
•Updated Game Center multi-player protocol. Dimensions, card deck, and card style are now persisted within a Game Center match. •Updated text for option in In Game Menu to script from language. •Updated anagram generation method. •Fixed unit alignment for Tap Speed View and Turn Timeout View.
Ideogram is a card game developed by Dickson Tam, and is available for download on both iOS and Android devices. The app is compatible with iOS 12.1 or later on the following devices: iPhone 11 Pro, X, Xs, SE, iPhone 8, 7, 6, iPad Pro and iPad Mini.
Click the button or scan the QR code below to download Ideogram for iOS. Check out our downloads section to download Ideogram for android and other platforms.
App Rating & Updates
The app is $1.99 and offers no in-app purchases.