OCR & Text To Speech
Scan paper documents, labels, signs with the camera and recognize text. Listen using built-in text-to-speech. Save and export. Unlimited use: no subscriptions or additional charges.
State-of-the-art A.I. for OCR and text recognition: Fast and accurate, even in poor lighting conditions. Works entirely on device: No need for internet and your data stays private.
Recognizes text in the following languages: Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
ScanTone, a sound that represents the amount of recognizable text in the camera's field of view in real time. It uses artificial intelligence to analyze the live feed from the camera for text, angle, rotation, and document edges.
Exports scans as plain text or accessible PDF with embedded text. Works with Voice Dream Reader, our full-featured text-to-speech reader. Sends scanned documents directly to Reader.
Detailed Feature List
- Live edges/crop detection
- Batch mode for scanning multiple pages quickly
- Intelligent auto capture
- Automatic edge detection for stretching and cropping
- Manually cropping
- Automatic orientation detection and rotation
- Manual image rotation
- Automatic image enhancement
- Fast: about a second on the latest iPhone
- Offline: does not require Internet connection
- Private: image and text stay on device
- Automatic language detection
- Option to see image or recognized text
Text To Speech
- Choose from 61 voices
- Premium voices in Voice Dream Reader available
- Change speech rate
- Option to start reading as soon as OCR is complete
- Spoken word is highlighted in the text or the image
- Rewind and fast forward by text section (VoiceOver users only)
- Double tap on text to start reading from there
Import and Export
- Load from Photo Library
- Share extension for sending images to Scanner from another app
- Export plain text
- Export PDF with text layer under the image so that it's accessible, searchable and selectable
- Export to Voice Dream Reader
What's new in version 1.4.2
This update fixes the issue of language auto-detect not working for some languages. Voice Dream can now recognize multi-column documents and order the text correctly. Also, Chinese is now supported for the built-in OCR Scanner. To recognize Chinese, set it explicitly in settings rather than using “Auto-Detect”.
About Voice Dream Scanner
Voice Dream Scanner is an application developed by Voice Dream LLC and released on iOS. The app is compatible with iOS 13.0 or later on the following devices: iPhone 11 Pro, X, Xs, SE, iPhone 8, 7, 6, iPad Pro and iPad Mini.
Click the button or scan the QR code below to download the latest version of Voice Dream Scanner on iOS.
App Rating & Updates
Voice Dream Scanner Add-Ons
The app is $5.99 and offers no in-app purchases.