Birds of North America
The new Sibley Birds app has arrived with comprehensive, up to date information of over 930 North American species. All the detailed artwork from David Sibley’s Guide to Birds Second Edition is included as well as thorough descriptions and distribution maps.
• A new easy to navigate menu system on iPhone.
• A new grid view with larger thumbnails.
• Display species names in English, French, Spanish and Latin (Scientific).
• Search on banding code to quickly find a species.
• Over 2700 calls/songs covering most species.
• Compare 2 species side by side.
• Apply a location (US State or Canadian Province) to narrow down the list of birds.
• When a location has been selected, a status icon will appear next to each species in that location indicating whether it is Common, Uncommon, Scarce, Rare or Vagrant.
• Detailed information in the species description including location status by month.
• A similar species feature which shows all related birds.
• A vastly improved Smart Search with refined search criteria: Status and by month (when a location is selected), Bird habits, Bird Type, Bird Size, Body Shape, Color and Pattern.
• Keep a personal list (My List) of species seen and backup to iCloud/other cloud service.
• Build a custom sharable (as csv) and searchable (in Smart Search) species list using the new My Tags feature.
• Sort My List taxonomically.
What's new in version 1.2
Updated data - text, images, sound. Added 2 new species. Fixed some bugs.
About Sibley Birds 2nd Edition
Sibley Birds 2nd Edition is an application developed by mydigitalearth.com and released on iOS. The app is compatible with iOS 9.3 or later on the following devices: iPhone 11 Pro, X, Xs, SE, iPhone 8, 7, 6, iPad Pro and iPad Mini.
Click the button or scan the QR code below to download Sibley Birds 2nd Edition for iOS. Check out our downloads section to download Sibley Birds 2nd Edition for android and other platforms.
App Rating & Updates
Sibley Birds 2nd Edition Add-Ons
The app is $19.99 and offers no in-app purchases.