The 800 HazRx® mobile application informs you that the drug you are handling is hazardous and provides some guidance on how to handle it safely. This mobile app applies to you if you work in any healthcare setting and engage in the compounding, dispensing, administration, transport, storage, or waste management of hazardous drugs.
The app allows you to:
• Search any generic or branded drug to identify if it is on the NIOSH hazardous drug list
• Identify hazardous drugs by NIOSH Group 1, 2, or 3
• View guidance on how to safely engage with the hazardous drug based on established standards such as USP General Chapter 800
• Bookmark hazardous drugs that you frequently handle for quick reference
• View drug label information via DailyMed
• Receive monthly updates to the list of drugs that are considered hazardous
• Discover additional resources and education available to safely handle hazardous drugs
The mobile app DOES NOT:
• Replace your institution’s protocols or procedures
• Provide therapeutic guidance or clinical decision support on which drugs are appropriate to administer to a patient
What's new in version 1.2.1
Minor enhancements and fixes
HazRx™ is an application developed by The United States Pharmacopeial Convention, Inc and released on iOS. The app is compatible with iOS 9.0 or later on the following devices: iPhone 11 Pro, X, Xs, SE, iPhone 8, 7, 6, iPad Pro and iPad Mini.
Click the button or scan the QR code below to download HazRx™ for iOS. Check out our downloads section to download HazRx™ for android and other platforms.
App Rating & Updates
The app is $3.99 and offers no in-app purchases.