GoPro AppUniversal App – Optimized for iPhone and iPad.
Published by: GoPro, Inc.
- Current Version 2.11.1
- Size 64.07 MB
- Released Oct 8, 2012
- Age 12+
- User Ratings 3.00 (5 votes)
The GoPro App makes it easy to control your camera remotely, view your photos and videos and share your favorites.(1) You can adjust camera settings and use your phone or tablet as a viewfinder to frame the perfect shot. Trim videos to create short clips(2) or pull high-quality still images from your videos for easy sharing.(1) HiLight Tag allows you to mark key moments while recording so they’re easier to find later.(3) You can also watch the GoPro Channel and wirelessly update your camera software for the best performance.(4)
• New: Pull high-quality still images from your videos for easy sharing.
• New: Now compatible with Apple Watch®—preview shots, control your camera(5) and add HiLight Tags
• Create short video clips and share them to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and more(1)
• Get full remote control of all camera functions
• See what your camera sees with live preview for easy shot-framing
• Mark key moments while recording with HiLight Tag(3)
• View HiLight Tags in your GoPro Camera Roll for easy playback of your video highlights(3)
• View your photos and play back your videos(1)
• Copy and save photos and videos(1) to your phone or tablet
• Browse and delete files on your camera’s microSD card
• Watch the GoPro Channel and get your fix of the best GoPro videos from across the globe
• View the GoPro Photo of the Day
• Wirelessly update your camera software(4)
--- Camera Compatibility ---
• HERO3 (requires camera software update, see http://gopro.com/update)
• HERO+ LCD
--- System Requirements ---
+ iPhone: iOS 8
+ Apple Watch: WatchOS 2.0 or higher; HERO3 model or newer. (No official support for HERO2 with Apple Watch; Preview not supported for HERO3 or HERO2 with Wi-Fi backpack).
+ Cameras: Any Wi-Fi enabled GoPro camera (HERO2 with Wi-Fi backpack or newer).
(1) Compatible with videos captured in select modes only.
(2) Compatible with videos captured in select modes only. Compatible with iOS® (8 or later) and Android™ (version 4.3 or later).
(3) Compatible with HERO4, HERO+ LCD and HERO+ cameras only.
(4) Compatible with HERO4, HERO+ LCD, HERO+ and HERO3+ cameras only.
(5) Mode selection using Apple Watch® is available for Video, Photo, Burst Photo and Time Lapse Photo modes only.
What's new in version 2.11.1
- Bug fixes --- WHAT'S NEW FROM 2.11 / RELEASED DEC 10 --- We’ve made it even easier to capture, organize and share your best moments. The GoPro App now offers Apple Watch compatibility, simple ways to browse your media and the ability to grab still images from videos. --- NEW + IMPROVED --- + Now compatible with Apple Watch: Preview shots, control your camera and add HiLights, all from your wrist. + Pull still images from videos: Quickly flip through a video frame-by-frame to find your favorite moment and save it as a high-quality still image. + New filtered views: Filter your downloaded media by photos, videos or HiLights. When viewing media on your camera, you can filter by photos, videos or HiLights to find your favorite moments fast. + Nearly everything is viewable on iOS: Even some 4K phones still can't support ultra high frame rate video. Now you can play back a lower res video in most cases—so you can still check out your shot on the spot. --- KNOWN ISSUES --- + Occasionally, cameras may have trouble maintaining the date a piece of media was captured. Some capture dates may be incorrect or missing, and media on your camera may appear out of order as a result. + Pulling a still image from a video may take extra time, especially when connected to HERO2 and HERO3 cameras. Occasionally, other cameras may be a little slow when flipping through video frames to pull a still image. + Some video formats aren't viewable. Previewing certain high frame rate video formats is not supported on iPhone 4s, iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c. We recommend shooting in 1080p at 30 fps for easy playback. + 4K videos taken on a GoPro can not be edited or saved to your phone. Although iPhone 6s supports some 4K video, the high frame rate of GoPro's 4K video unfortunately isn't supported. You can still view any video shot in 4K, but we recommend shooting in 1080p at 30 fps for easy sharing, trimming and downloading. --- IN THE WORKS --- + We’re working on improvements for managing your HiLights on iOS (currently, videos downloaded from the camera don’t preserve HiLights). + We’re working on offering the same filtered views for both on-camera media and media downloaded to your phone. ------ Like the app? Consider leaving a review in the App Store! Having problems with the app or a suggestion for how to make it better? We love direct feedback, so we can resolve any issues and get you up and running quickly. Contact GoPro Support at gopro.com/contact. For a directory of Customer support phone numbers by country, visit gopro.comsupport/telephone-numbers.
Latest App Activity
All App Activity and Price Drops »
GoPro App is a universal app, and is available on the iTunes App Store for free with in-app purchases. The app is compatible with all devices running iOS 8.0 or later, including the new iPhone 6 and iPad Mini. To download the GoPro App app, just scan the QR code with your device or click the button below to go to the app's download page.
Ok.... We i've had a couple problems with the app but the biggest is WIFI connection. You are forced to use your Gopro's WIFI (which
doesn't actually give you WIFI by the way) so I basically used all of my data on this app.
Skater. When I start recording so I try to see how it looks on my iPhone but it looks blurry and lagging. I need to download video on
iPhone to see it looks.
Bluetooth setup a major hassle. I have read the doc, I have reviewed the website FAQ and I have watched the pairing instructional demo but alas I either have a
map functioning camera, Bluetooth. Or, perhaps I am brain dead but I doubt that. "No Camera" is the message I repeatedly get from
the app while the camera is displaying th
Works fine for me.. Despite all the negative reviews this app has been getting, it works quite well for me. My only problem is that the camera quality
could be a lot better, but that's the only problem I've come across.
App suggestion. Enable the app to pause the video recording and ability to restart the recording
If you've enjoyed this app, rate and review it on the App store and in the comments section below.
The Verdict: Average!
Share this Review
This review of GoPro App was written by Carol Swift
To find and download the latest version of GoPro App, click on the Download button. You can get it directly to your device, or you can download it to your computer (PC or Mac) and then transfer it to your device.