ARP ODYSSEiUniversal App – Optimized for iPhone and iPad.
Published by: KORG INC.
Track this app for price drops.
- Current Version 1.0.3
- Size 100.91 MB
- Released Oct 31, 2016
- Age 4+
- Category Music
- User Ratings 4.50 (5 votes)
The legendary ARP sound, exquisitely reproduced in software.
ARP ODYSSEi - A mobile analog synthesizer for iOS.
The ARP Odyssey of 1972 has earned an unshakable position as a classic analog synthesizer. In 2015, KORG produced the ARP ODYSSEY, a complete reproduction of the original. The ARP genes that shook the worldwide music scene are being passed on, and its history continues.
The next platform for the ARP ODYSSEY is iOS. We want the unforgettable ARP sound to be easily available on a device that as many as possible of today's players can obtain; this resulted in the "ARP ODYSSEi" app for iPad / iPhone. Based on the revived ARP ODYSSEY, we used KORG's proprietary CMT circuit modeling technology to reproduce the analog feeling and sound of the original as closely as possible. We've also given it numerous enhancements that are possible only with software, such as long-awaited polyphony and built-in effects.
The real analog ARP ODYSSEY, and now the uniquely evolved ARP ODYSSEi, brings the universal fascination and inimitable sound to every device.
* Due to differences in CPU speed of iPads / iPhones, iPad 3rd gen/2/iPad mini/iPhone 4s are not supported, only iPad Air/iPhone 5s or later is recommended.
[ Features ]
- Faithfully models the circuit of the ARP ODYSSEY: The circuitry has been reproduced using KORG's proprietary CMT (Component Modeling Technology), developed over the years starting with the KORG Legacy Collection.
- New functions to create all-new ARP sounds: Added a voice assign mode that allows you to play chords, an arpeggiator that can be programmed in detail like a step sequencer, and effects that can transform the sound in diverse ways.
- Get all three of the sought-after revisions: In addition to the standard design of the Rev3 with its black panel and orange silk-screening, you can optionally obtain the white-paneled Rev1 and the black-paneled gold silk-screened Rev2 designs, together with fifty new preset sounds that take advantage of the distinctive filters of those models.
- Produce music together with KORG Gadget: ARP ODYSSEi can be used in conjunction with the "KORG Gadget" music production DAW app that has won numerous awards around the world. If both apps are installed, it can be used as the "Lexington" gadget inside the KORG Gadget app.
More info at korg.com
What's new in version 1.0.3
• Improvements: Tuning setting (Analog / Equal) has been added in the Settings menu. • Other improvements have been made to enhance stability.
ARP ODYSSEi is a universal iOS app available in the App Store for $29.99 (Ads free) with no in-app purchases. The app is compatible with all devices running iOS 9.3 or later, including the new iPhone 6. To download the ARP ODYSSEi app click the button below to go to the app's download page.
If you've enjoyed using the app, please rate and review it on the App store and in the comments section below.
Recent Reviews (Read all app reviews)
recommended!. great synth app. thanks.
Awesome. Got an iTunes card and this was the first thing I thought of to buy
Pitch does not track correctly in Gadget. Latest update adds "Equal" tuning in settings, which does correct the issue of pitch not tracking the keyboard correctly.
Unfortunately, there is no way to set this when used as a synth from within Gadget; it uses its "Analog" tuning setting, which
sounds badly out of tune. Really hope KORG fixes t
updated review. Korg have addressed the tuning issue, now giving us a choice of "vintage" tuning or actually in tune. So I am adding two stars.
The UI looks nice but is functionally frustrating. Like many Korg apps, the sliders and switches are extremely touchy. I have a
suspicion Korg will never address this,
Share this Review
This review of ARP ODYSSEi was written by Carol Swift
Download ARP ODYSSEi App Latest Version on Android and iOS. You can get it directly on your device or download the app to your PC or Mac computer then install the app on your tablet or smart phone.