Mini Synthesizer for iPhone
Universal App – Optimized for iPhone and iPad.>
Track this app for price drops.
- Version 1.1.0
- Release date Jul 29, 2016
- Size 53.46 MB
- Age 4+
- Genre Music
- User Ratings 3.00 (5 votes)
App Store Description
Electro-Harmonix, a pioneer since 1968 in the field of sound effects pedals for musicians, has produced an app which is a faithful digital re-creation of their circa 1980 analog cult-classic, The MINI-SYNTHESIZER.
Available for iPad and iPhone (IOS version 8.0 or later), the EHX MINI-SYNTHESIZER accurately delivers all the vintage synth sounds of the original plus modern updates.
EHX President and Founder, Mike Matthews stated: “Fans of vintage synths will appreciate the apps ability to recreate the original’s warm analog sounds and deep funky bass, but because it’s so affordable ($2.99 for phone, $4.99 for tablet) and user-friendly, parents, educators and non-musicians will love it, too.”
The MINI-SYNTHESIZER app comes with 25 presets and the ability to store an almost unlimited number of user presets programs. Audiobus and inter-app audio capabilities are included as well as Aftertouch for iPhone 6s, 6s Plus.
Intuitive, flexible and powerful control are provided by the MINI-SYNTHESIZER’s 12 sliders and nine switches. Here’s a breakdown of the user interface:
- PITCH slider lets the player raise or lower the pitch of the note by +/- 1 octave
- SUB-OCTAVE slider introduces a note one octave below what’s being played for extra bottom
- OCTAVE UP switch causes the note being played to jump up one octave.
- TUNE knob lets the player tune the MINI-SYNTHESIZER to other instruments and sound sources over a +/- 50 cents range.
- PHASE RATE slider adjusts the speed of the phase shifter
- FILTER START sets the start frequency of the filter sweep
- FILTER STOP sets the stop frequency of the filter sweep
- SWEEP RATE controls the speed of the filter sweep
- PHASE switch turns the effect on/off
- 2X FILTER switch changes how the audio passes through the filters (either in parallel or in series)
- Q switch sets the amount of resonance on the filter sweep
- RETRIGGER switch turns the filter retrigger on/off
- TIME slider adjusts the delay time up to two seconds
- FEEDBACK controls the number of echo repeats
- BLEND adjusts the mix of the original signal and the echo repeats
- DELAY switch turns the effect on/off
- AMOUNT slider adjusts the reverb effect level
- BLEND slider controls the mix of the wet and dry signals
- REVERB switch turns reverb on/off
- REVERB>DELAY switch lets the user place either Delay or Reverb first in the effects chain for a variety of cool sound effects.
- VOL (Volume) slider adjusts the MINI-SYNTHESIZER’s overall sound output level
- POLY/MONO switch toggles between polyphonic (four notes can be played simultaneously) or monophonic (only one note can be played at a time) modes
- PRESETS pop-down menu displays the presets available and allows the user to instantly select one
- HORIZONTAL slider lets the player adjust the keyboards sounding range over an expansive eight-octave range.
- RIBBON Interface lets the player perform portamento (glide up or down to pitch), vibrato and other expressive playing.
The easy-to-use Electro-Harmonix MINI-SYNTHESIZER App is loaded with great sounds and features and is sure to appeal to serious musicians and non-musicians alike.
- There is a known issue with old iPad and iPhone devices (pre-2012) and the emulation will cause a CPU overload.
- For iPad 2nd gen, iPad 3rd gen, iPad 4th gen, iPad mini 1, mini 2, mini 3, and iPad Air, polyphonic mode limits to 3 voices instead of 4 voices for Holy Grail REVERSE reverb.
DOWNLOADING iPHONE VERSION ON iPAD
- The iPhone version is not meant to perform optimally on the iPad. Be aware that if you download the iPhone version on the iPad you are more prone to glitches and crashes than having the iPad version on the iPad.
What's new in version 1.1.0
- MIDI Input and Output Functionality Implemented/Improved - MIDI Aftertouch Issues Fixed - Preset File Sharing - MIDI Mapping File Sharing - Older Devices Optimized - Full functionality implemented except for Reverse Reverb (limited to 3 voices)
Mini Synthesizer for iPhone is a universal iOS app available in the App Store for $2.99 (Ads free) with no in-app purchases. The app is compatible with all devices running iOS 8.0 or later, including the new iPhone 6 and iPad Mini. To download the Mini Synthesizer for iPhone app click the button below to go to the app's download page.
Developer site: Mini Synthesizer for iPhone support
If you've enjoyed using the app, please rate and review it on the App store and in the comments section below.
Recent Reviews (Read all app reviews)
Really cool!!. Never really played with actual synths and this is making me feel like I might want one. For three bucks this is a really awesome
Good Features. One of the better synth apps for mobile, good selection of sounds and parameters to tweak!
Works awesome.. Previous reviewers said it crashes right away. Not for me. (iPhone 6) It is really cool and the layout is very simple and
I'm guessing the crashes are due to something else. It really is nice and works well. If you like this make sure you also check
out the moog app. :)
Great!. Great sound! Works well with my iphone 6s plus. Please add simple drum machine!
amazing, all encompassing synth app. everything I've been looking for in a synth app! includes all necessary features to be an effective, essentially professional
grade synth.. all accessible on a portable app.
meticulous sound design and tone, unique ribbon feature, and flawless implementation of the after touch effect. easy to use a
Share This App
Download Mini Synthesizer for iPhone App Latest Version on Android and iOS. You can get it directly on your device or download the app to your PC or Mac computer then install the app on your tablet or smart phone.