TuneLab Piano TunerUniversal App – Optimized for iPhone and iPad.
Published by: Real-Time Specialties, inc.
Track this app for price drops.
- Current Version 4.2
- Size 5.54 MB
- Released Dec 3, 2009
- Age 4+
- Category Music
- User Ratings 4.50 (5 votes)
Do not buy this app unless you are a professional piano technician. This is a professional tool that produces a custom piano tuning for any piano. It is part of our popular TuneLab line of piano tuning programs for Smartphones, tablet computers, and laptops, which piano technicians have been using for more than 15 years.
* Capable of an accuracy of 0.02 cents.
* Measures and uses inharmonicity of the piano to construct the tuning.
* Provides an over-pull mode for pitch-raises.
* Can store hundreds of tuning files for individual pianos.
* Tuning files can be stored locally or in the Cloud on Dropbox.
* Provides many historical temperaments for period music.
* Switches notes automatically when you play the next note.
* Provides a strobe-like phase display for fine-tuning.
* Provides a versatile frequency spectrum display based on a Fourier Transform.
TuneLab lets you customize a tuning by sampling the inharmonicity for a few notes of the particular piano. Then you choose the kind of tuning stretch you want, based on octaves, double-octaves, or other intervals. Then you start tuning.
After a custom tuning has been created from inharmonicity measurements, you can store this tuning by name. The next time you need to tune that piano, or one very much like it, you simply can load that same tuning file and start tuning. There is essentially no limit to the number of tuning files that you can save. TuneLab comes with some sample tuning files and an "Average" tuning file so you can start tuning right away.
TuneLab covers the normal piano range from A0 to C8 (88 notes). The automatic note-switching feature makes it possible to enjoy hands-free operation. TuneLab switches up to 3 notes up or down from the current note. There is also easy one-touch manual note switching.
TuneLab has two different displays that are visible at once. One is the phase display. This is a band where black squares move left or right. You tune to make the squares stop moving. The other is a spectrum display. This is a graph that shows a peak for every pitch present in the sound. You tune to make a peak in the graph move to a central red line. The spectrum display makes it possible to do rough tuning without mutes, since each string of a unison produces its own peak in the graph. Having both the phase display and the spectrum display visible at once gives you a more complete picture of the tuning than any single spinner-type or needle-type display.
What's new in version 4.2
1. Over-pull pre-measure displays results of each note as it is measured. 2. Added option to download all Dropbox tuning files to local files. 3. Phase Display turns yellow while offset adjustment is enabled. 4. Added option to display a smooth tuning curve graph for "all fundamentals". 5. Fixed initial Dropbox linkage bug on iPads. 6. Display warning when New Tuning would discard fresh inharmonicity readings. 7. Replace warning about changing partials with flashing partial display when partials change. 8. Load Tuning scrolls list display to include current tuning, if current tuning is in displayed folder.
TuneLab Piano Tuner is a universal app, and is available on the iTunes App Store for $299.99 (Ads free) with no in-app purchases. The app is compatible with all devices running iOS 6.0 or later, including the new iPhone 6 and iPad Mini. To download the TuneLab Piano Tuner app click the button below to go to the app's download page.
If you've enjoyed this app, rate and review it on the App store and in the comments section below.
Great App. The best there is for tuning pianos in iOS.
Amazing - but a few requests. This app is great. It sets a beautiful temperament, stretches the piano quite nicely, and you get smooth progressions of all
intervals of increasing beat rates as you go up the piano. The over pull feature works well. I had been using the free Entropy
Piano Tuner app for awhile, and it got to the po
Bring back the clock in landscape. My clock disappeared. I don't wear a watch when I tune. Please bring back my clock.
Very helpful!. I've been using this app for 4-5 years now. Can't imagine tuning pianos without it! Just make sure you understand it fully and
know how to set it up!
Great. Works flawlessly
Share this Review
This review of TuneLab Piano Tuner was written by Carol Swift
Download TuneLab Piano Tuner App Latest Version on Android and iOS. You can get it directly on your device or download the app to your PC or Mac computer then install the app on your tablet or smart phone.