DictionaryUniversal App – Optimized for iPhone and iPad.
Published by: Farlex, Inc.
Get the world's most comprehensive ad-free dictionary and thesaurus with extensive offline dictionary content. Dictionary Pro is the premium version of The Free Dictionary app, featuring:
* No ads.
* A comprehensive English offline dictionary and offline thesaurus.
* Offline dictionaries in 13 other languages.
* Offline translations of English into more than 40 languages.
* Dozens of other offline translation options.
Rated #1 app in the App Store in the paid reference category in 93 countries 2011–2016 (Source: http://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/app/492085918/app-ranking/#device=iphone&type=best-ranks)
Plus TheFreeDictionary's classic app content:
* Find every word you search for. Get results from trusted sources:
The American Heritage Dictionary
+ More than 100 dictionaries and encyclopedias from these top publishers:
Cambridge University Press
Columbia University Press
* Learn the word. Clear definitions, example sentences, etymologies, illustrations, and more.
* Learn how to say it. Play audio pronunciations and hear it pronounced.
* Learn something new. Word of the Day and other fresh daily content.
* Find the perfect synonym fast. East-to-use Thesaurus with synonyms, antonyms, and related words.
* Explore topics in-depth. Multiple specialty dictionaries and encyclopedias:
Acronyms and Abbreviations
* Watch idioms in action. View idioms videos inside the app and see idioms and slang explained.
* Play word games. Spelling Bee, Hangman, and more.
* Access dictionaries in 13 other languages, including:
What makes Dictionary Pro the most user-friendly dictionary app?
* Voice search. Just say the word to look it up.
* Advanced Search options.
* Look up the definition of any word on the page. Just highlight and tap "Definition."
* Save unlimited bookmarks.
* Customize your homepage: Move, add, or remove articles, games, even local weather.
* Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button.
* Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.
* Adjust font size.
* Share your favorite definitions and articles via social networks, email, or text.
* Earn meals for hungry children through The Free Dictionary's partnership with the World Food Program—just by using the app!
Read our reviews to see why our users say this is the best dictionary app they've ever used.
How do we do it?
Farlex is a leader in dictionary apps. We work with the best publishers to bring together trusted content in the most comprehensive, authoritative dictionary apps on the market. Find our other apps by searching "Dictionary by Farlex" in the App Store.
* For app developers: The Free Dictionary app can be accessed by other apps with API calls (Contact Farlex for instructions).
What's new in version 6.0
Version 6.0 * Better search suggestions when you misspell a word! * New improved Thesaurus! Quickly find the perfect synonym. * Multitasking support for iPad. * Idiom of the Day. * Watch idioms videos inside the app! * Set the order of your homepage items. * Mismatch, a new game for matching opposites! * New Spanish content, including Spanish Word of the Day and games. * New homepage design. * Device rotation restored for iPhone. * Bug fixes. * If you like The Free Dictionary app, please rate it 5 stars in the App Store! We read every single review we receive, but unfortunately the App Store does not give us the ability to respond. If you have any problems or questions, please use the "Feedback" option in the settings menu to email support[at]tfd[dot]com. You'll be amazed how quickly we reply!
Dictionary is a universal app, and is available on the iTunes App Store for $3.99 (Ads free) with no in-app purchases. The app is compatible with all devices running iOS 9.0 or later, including the new iPhone 6 and iPad Mini. To download the Dictionary app click the button below to go to the app's download page.
If you've enjoyed this app, rate and review it on the App store and in the comments section below.
As good as you are curious -5 Stars. It succeeds in what it offers to help the user accomplish. Nothing whatsoever objectionable about it.
useful app. I love how it organizes many dictionaries in a word entry making it really handy for looking up a word.
Better than anything out there but...... I really love the daily updates and the collection of words you have. It would be helpful if along with the word of the day we
could get its etymology. origin of the word like Latin, Hebrew, Sanskrit..... Thank you keep up the good work and keep updating
GREAT RESOURCE. More than a dictionary!!!
Share this Review
This review of Dictionary was written by Carol Swift
Download Dictionary App Latest Version on Android and iOS. You can get it directly on your device or download the app to your PC or Mac computer then install the app on your tablet or smart phone.