* No ads.
* A comprehensive English offline dictionary and offline thesaurus.
* Offline dictionaries in 13 other languages.
* Offline translations of English into more than 40 languages.
* Dozens of other offline translation options.
Rated #1 app in the App Store in the paid reference category in 93 countries 2011–2016 (Source: http://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/app/492085918/app-ranking/#device=iphone&type=best-ranks)
Plus TheFreeDictionary's classic app content:
* Find every word you search for. Get results from trusted sources:
The American Heritage Dictionary
+ More than 100 dictionaries and encyclopedias from these top publishers:
Cambridge University Press
Columbia University Press
* Learn the word. Clear definitions, example sentences, etymologies, illustrations, and more.
* Learn how to say it. Play audio pronunciations and hear it pronounced.
* Learn something new. Word of the Day and other fresh daily content.
* Find the perfect synonym fast. East-to-use Thesaurus with synonyms, antonyms, and related words.
* Explore topics in-depth. Multiple specialty dictionaries and encyclopedias:
Acronyms and Abbreviations
* Watch idioms in action. View idioms videos inside the app and see idioms and slang explained.
* Play word games. Spelling Bee, Hangman, and more.
* Access dictionaries in 13 other languages, including:
What makes Dictionary Pro the most user-friendly dictionary app?
* Instantly look up words in apps or webpages! Just highlight the word you want to look up, tap "Share," then tap "More" in the bottom menu and turn on the "Define" option. You will then see a "Define" icon in the menu. Tap it to see the definition of the highlighted word!
* Voice search. Just say the word to look it up.
* Advanced Search options.
* Look up the definition of any word on the page. Just highlight and tap "Definition."
* Save unlimited bookmarks.
* Customize your homepage: Move, add, or remove articles, games, even local weather.
* Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button.
* Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.
* Adjust font size.
* Share your favorite definitions and articles via social networks, email, or text.
* Earn meals for hungry children through The Free Dictionary's partnership with the World Food Program—just by using the app!
Read our reviews to see why our users say this is the best dictionary app they've ever used.
How do we do it?
Farlex is a leader in dictionary apps. We work with the best publishers to bring together trusted content in the most comprehensive, authoritative dictionary apps on the market. Find our other apps by searching "Dictionary by Farlex" in the App Store.
* For app developers: The Free Dictionary app can be accessed by other apps with API calls (Contact Farlex for instructions).
What's new in version 6.1.1
Version 6.1.1 * Fixed audio pronunciation bug. * Fixed notifications bug. * If you like Dictionary Pro, please rate it 5 stars in the App Store! We read every single review we receive, but unfortunately the App Store does not give us the ability to respond. If you have any problems or questions, please use the "Feedback" option in the settings menu to email support[at]tfd[dot]com. You'll be amazed how quickly we reply!
Rank in top paid apps
The Dictionary app game is now available for $3.99 on iOS. The application is compatible with iOS 9.0 or later on the following devices: iPhone 6, iPad 3, iPad Mini and iPod Touch 5G or newer.
Download Dictionary and use it on your iPhone or iPad (See button below). If you have an Android or Windows device, you can find links to download this app here.
Developer site: Support
Dictionary Has Add-OnsNo add-ons has been found...
Search box loaded slowly.