Air DictateUniversal App – Optimized for iPhone and iPad.
Published by: Avatron Software, Inc.
$1.99Track this app for price drops.
- Current Version 1.0
- Size 2.76 MB
- Released Dec 21, 2011
- Age 4+
- Category Utilities
- User Ratings 4.50 (5 votes)
Like Speech Recognition on your iPhone 4S? You'll like it even more on your Mac!
With Air Dictate, you can enter text on your Mac by talking into your iPhone 4S. It's that simple.
IMPORTANT: Requires an iPhone 4S and a Mac
“The app just looks downright gorgeous. Avatron didn’t cut any corners on making a quality piece of software” — AppAdvice
“Easy text entry by speech” — ZDNet
“Definitely worth the buck if you prefer talking to typing.” — Gizmodo
“Setup is dead simple… Transcriptions were surprisingly accurate” — TechCrunch
“A handy tool for multitaskers, slow typists, or note-takers, or even those who need a little help forming sentences in writing” — PCWorld
More reviews in CNET, SlashGear, Macworld, Engadget, MacNews, TouchMyApps, TabletLegal, and many others.
EASY TO SET UP
• On your Mac, go to avatron.com/i to download and install the free Air Dictate Receiver app.
EASY TO USE
• Launch any app that allows text input. For example: TextEdit, Mail, Pages, Microsoft Word.
On iPhone 4S:
• Launch the Air Dictate app.
• Choose your Mac from a list of nearby computers.
• Press the microphone button, speak for a while, and press the button again to stop.
Your speech will be converted into text, and will automatically appear in the text field on your Mac, just as if you had typed it on your Mac keyboard.
• Air Dictate runs only on an iPhone 4S.
• Air Dictate Receiver runs on a Mac with Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later.
• You may see scrambled letters when using Air Dictate if a keyboard macro utility is active. If you see this, please try turning off TextExpander, Typinator, TypeIt4Me, AutoPilot, QuicKeys, etc. while using Air Dictate. We're working on a fix.
• If you have enabled certain combinations of international keyboards, you may not hear a beep when you press the microphone button. If you run into this, please visit avatron.com/support for a simple workaround. We're working on a real fix for this.
Air Dictate comes from Avatron Software, the makers of Air Display, Air Sharing, and Print Sharing. To check out our other apps, just search for avatron in the iOS and Mac app stores.
Air Dictate is a universal app, and is available on the iTunes App Store for $0.99 (Ads free) with no in-app purchases. The app is compatible with all devices running iOS or later. To download the Air Dictate app click the button below to go to the app's download page.
If you've enjoyed this app, rate and review it on the App store and in the comments section below.
tom. This is an amazing app. I write medical textbooks. The dictation is very accurate. The amazing thing
Nicely Done!. I've downloaded many productivity apps, and most do their intended function. On rare occasions, like
Meh.... I was hoping for something to help me grade lab reports more efficiently. While the dictation piece
Air Dictate. Simply Awesome!!!!
Very accurate. This app is amazing. It is near 100% accurate. I am a clinical microbiologist and I thought I woul
Share this Review
This review of Air Dictate was written by Carol Swift
Download Air Dictate App Latest Version on Android and iOS. You can get it directly on your device or download the app to your PC or Mac computer then install the app on your tablet or smart phone.