Animoog for iPhoneUniversal App – Optimized for iPhone and iPad.
Published by: Moog Music Inc.
Price: $5.99Track this app for price drops.
- Current Version 1.2.4
- Size 16.39 MB
- Released Dec 21, 2011
- Age 4+
- Category Music
- User Ratings 4.50 (5 votes)
** HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS **
Must have iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4th gen. or later to run Animoog for iPhone.
Animoog is Moog Music's first professional synthesizer for iOS devices, and was the first music app in history to hit number one in the App Store on the day of release. Additionally, in the 2011 App Store Rewind, Apple named Animoog one of the best apps of the year.
Powered by Moog's new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), Animoog allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: Animoog for iPhone expansion packs can not be used with Animoog for iPad. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
What's new in version 1.2.4
* Fixed regression where the delay rate knob position wasn't properly being interpolated anymore. * Added support for MIDI program change, mapped to the presets in the currently active category in the order they're displayed. * Improvements to Audiobus integration stability. * Fixed occasional glitches at the end of making a recording.
Latest App Activity
Animoog for iPhone
All App Activity and Price Drops »
Animoog for iPhone is a universal app, and is available on the iTunes App Store for $5.99 (Ads free) with no in-app purchases. The app is compatible with all devices running iOS 7.1 or later, including the new iPhone 6 and iPad Mini. To download the Animoog for iPhone app, just scan the QR code with your device or click the button below to go to the app's download page.
Exceptional customer service. Not only does this App do amazing things, but the developers really pay attention to the users. I submitted a feature request
that was promptly replied to. The feature was included in the next release. Fantastic!
MASSIVE! yet compact ... it's made by MOOG - what are you thinking? get it!
there's so much to this app that once you realize how the X Y screen function - and how you can alter and create new functions -
you might just forget other responsibilities in life. both the iPhone v and iPad v are great (but the iPad v has a true
Audiocopy Not Working. When I attempt to audiocopy a sound, a screen pops up stating that audiocopy only supports 44100hz... I checked my settings & all
is good on my end. Please fix!
UI still requires updating. The iPhone 6 has been released for over a year and the resolution of this app is still stretched to an iPhone 5/5s resolution. As
another reviewer mentioned, the keyboard key spacing still needs to be fixed.
Needs UI work. As a previous reviewer states, the app needs UI work. Just downloaded the most recent update hoping for a rework of at least the
keyboard for iPhone 6/6plus but it's non existent. Why the limitation of onscreen keys when there is plenty of touchscreen
realestate to be had? I see 9 keys where there c
If you've enjoyed this app, rate and review it on the App store and in the comments section below.
The Verdict: Average!
Share this Review
This review of Animoog for iPhone was written by Carol Swift
To find and download the latest version of Animoog for iPhone, click on the Download button. You can get it directly to your device, or you can download it to your computer (PC or Mac) and then transfer it to your device.