Animoog for iPhoneUniversal App – Optimized for iPhone and iPad.
Published by: Moog Music Inc.
Track this app for price drops.
- Current Version 1.3.0
- Size 19.61 MB
- Released Dec 21, 2011
- Age 4+
- Category Music
- User Ratings 4.50 (5 votes)
** HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS **
Must have iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4th gen. or later to run Animoog for iPhone.
Animoog is Moog Music's first professional synthesizer for iOS devices, and was the first music app in history to hit number one in the App Store on the day of release. Additionally, in the 2011 App Store Rewind, Apple named Animoog one of the best apps of the year.
Powered by Moog's new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), Animoog allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: Animoog for iPhone expansion packs can not be used with Animoog for iPad. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
What's new in version 1.3.0
• Animoog now requires iOS 8.2 or later. • Support for 'path-width' as modulation source for presets created with Apple Pencil on iPad Pro. • Support for accelerometer modulation controls as 'accel-x', 'accel-y', and 'accel-z'. • Support for Bluetooth LE MIDI devices. • Support for MPE input with note-per-channel MIDI controllers. • Added collapsible Inter-App Audio transport bar. • Consolidated 'poly-pressure' and 'chan-pressure' into one 'pressure' modulation source. • The vertical position of the keys on initial touch is now used as the 'velocity' modulation source. • Tapping left or right of the scale slider will now transpose octaves up or down. • Timbres panel improvements for easier sound design. • Single-tapping on a left panel timbre now highlights it, while double-tapping scrolls to its location in the Timbres list. • The Timbres list on the right panel no longer collapses when switching presets. • Values of CC mapped controls are now sent out at preset change. • Incoming MIDI CC 120 now turns off all active sound. • Incoming MIDI RPN 0 now sets the active pitch bend range. • Application settings are now saved immediately when changes occur. • The keyboard now allows more space between keys. • Fixes to timbre list where auto-scroll would overshoot at times. • Fixes to built-in scale definitions. • Fixed crashes when Animoog goes to the background. • Fixed crackling sound when using hold from a MIDI controller. • Fixed sound cutting out when switching between certain audio devices while Animoog is running.
Animoog for iPhone is a universal iOS app available in the App Store for $5.99 (Ads free) with no in-app purchases. The app is compatible with all devices running iOS 8.2 or later, including the new iPhone 6 and iPad Mini. To download the Animoog for iPhone app click the button below to go to the app's download page.
If you've enjoyed using the app, please rate and review it on the App store and in the comments section below.
Good synth but with some problems. Animoog is capable of some fat sounds, its keyboard is brilliant, and its easy to experiment in a very intuitive way. I find
myself using it a lot for liquid, legato soloing, but you can sequence it for some nice bass sounds as well. I've used it on two
albums now, and that's a testament to its powe
Incredibly powerful synthesizer.. This is as close as you'll get to holding an entire Moog synthesizer in the palm of your hand. Even if you barely understand how
it works (like me), there's a lot to discover, learn, and enjoy by poking around the settings.
Just download. Opened app, made a sound, plugged in headphones, no output, unplugged headphones, no output.
Sheer power, even for musical illiterates. Many apps that are great for professionals have counterintuitive controls that take exhaustive setup. They also produce
flawed-sounding output with amateurish inputs, understandably, but not so with Animoog. There is very little that cannot be
created as a base idea and then refined. I have gotte
Make iap's shareable with iPad version. Great synth, as is the iPad version,but I would suggest making iap's shareable with the iPad version because I bought all the
iap's for the iPad version and to be honest, I have no intention of buying them again for the iPhone version and I doubt others
will, so stop the greed, I already bought the
Share this Review
This review of Animoog for iPhone was written by Carol Swift
Download Animoog for iPhone App Latest Version on Android and iOS. You can get it directly on your device or download the app to your PC or Mac computer then install the app on your tablet or smart phone.