The Bard's TaleUniversal App – Optimized for iPhone and iPad.
Published by: inXile Entertainment
Track this app for price drops.
- Current Version 1.8.1
- Size 1.68 GB
- Released Dec 1, 2011
- Age 12+
- Category Action
- User Ratings 4.50 (5 votes)
50% OFF!!! On sale at a price so low, even Crazy Thorvald thinks it's crazy! Get it before we come to our senses!
#1 RPG in 75 countries, including USA, UK, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, Japan, and China!
Sync your saved games between iOS and Mac!
Includes classic games trilogy!
They said it couldn’t be done… a full-scale massive 3D epic role-playing game on iOS! See why it’s the BIGGEST iOS game ever made!
“The Bard’s Tale is easily the funniest game I’ve ever played, and I’ve played all the funny games out there.” – IGN
You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through magical song you summon characters to join your quest for coin and cleavage!
“Ready your weapon and bladder as you embark on this ridiculously addicting quest and the funniest adventure of the year, The Bard’s Tale” – Game Chronicles
Prepare to immerse yourself in over 20-30 hours of adventure, featuring:
• 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
• A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
• A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
• Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
• 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
• Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
• More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
• Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
But wait! That’s not all! Enjoy these great new additions in the iOS version:
• Leaderboards—for accumulated Silver and Experience!
• Achievements—over 50 spread throughout the game!
• Autosave—option to save automatically when you near a save-book in game.
• iCloud Saves—option to save to iCloud, enables sharing saves across your iOS devices.
• Time-Savers—optional in-app purchases are available to pump up your Bard and save you time! (Note: All such items are attainable through normal game-play, with time and persistence, just as in the original console release.)
• Classics Games—includes original classic games The Bard’s Tale 1, 2 & 3.
• Supports 60beat® GamePad.
Universal App with Adaptive Rendering:
For a single low price, play on all your compatible* devices! The Bard’s Tale takes full advantage of your hardware to maximize your experience--including HD resolution and 60Hz video refresh on capable devices.** iOS adaptation by Square One Games.
“This game is satire in its sharpest form” – Cheat Code Central
Play The Bard’s Tale today!
* Compatible with iOS 4.0 and higher on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 3rd generation, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPad, and iPad2&3.
** HD on iPhone 4S/5, iPad2,Mini,3&4, iPod Touch 5G. Enhanced rendering includes: environment mapping, dynamic water surfaces, full shadow cast, and 60Hz display-refresh (with in-game “Battery Savings” option turned off).
We are committed to improvement. Please send support requests through The Bard’s Tale Support link below.
IT IS HUGE!
Please note: Installation over Wi-Fi can temporarily require as much as 3.4GB of free space on your device.
What's new in version 1.8.1
- Resolves issues with iCloud on iOS 8 - Game now auto-synchronizes last saved file between devices. - Bug fixes.
Need help? Use our The Bard's Tale Walkthrough or sign up and make your contribution today.
The Bard's Tale is a universal iOS app available in the App Store for $2.99 (Ads free) with no in-app purchases. The game is compatible with all devices running iOS 4.3 or later, including the new iPhone 6 and iPad Mini. To download the The Bards Tale app click the button below to go to the app's download page.
If you've enjoyed the game, please rate and review it on the App store and in the comments section below.
Nostalgia and then some. very low price for such an accurate port of nostalgic games from the past along with a stand alone sarcastically funny new game
From Console to Phone Seamlessly. Was my favorite on Console gaming and now I have it everywhere I go. A fantastic game.
RPG Greatness. I used to played this game way back on the PS2. Nice of them to bring this game onto the iOS. The control blends pretty okay for
the touch screen. Would recommend to all RPG lovers. Funny and dark humor.
Such Great Retro Fun. I had forgotten how much fun the PC games were...annoyingly complex, but fun! An d this one is not just fun but funny. I love the
Bard and especially the snide narrator🎤😜😂
Hilariously Irreverent. Well written and well acted, this game sucked me in. Features song breaks, great running gags, fun combat, and no stupid puzzles.
The Bard himself is especially well voice acted.
Share this Review
This review of The Bards Tale was written by Carol Swift
Download The Bards Tale App Latest Version on Android and iOS. You can get it directly on your device or download the app to your PC or Mac computer then install the app on your tablet or smart phone.