Scany ~ network and port scanner traceroute ping whois wake on lanUniversal App – Optimized for iPhone and iPad.
Published by: Pavel Ahafonau
Track this app for price drops.
- Current Version 1.9.13
- Size 16.33 MB
- Released Sep 1, 2009
- Age 4+
- Category Utilities
- User Ratings 4.00 (5 votes)
*** Limited Time Sale! 50%-off! *** Scany is the Swiss army knife of apps for home, office, corporate LAN and Wi-Fi hotspot owners, network administrators, security specialists, developers and everyone who needs to diagnose and resolve network issues and easily do everyday network tasks.
Scany finds all computers and devices connected to a LAN or Wi-Fi, even the hidden and firewalled ones, shows their names, addresses and manufacturers, and includes a wide set of network analysis tools, specially crafted to transcend existing analogs, including ping, trace, WHOIS, DNS lookup, port scanner and many more.
Built from the ground up for mobile by an experienced network administrator, Scany outmatches other apps in many respects.
WI-FI LAN & INTERNET SCANNER
· Wi-Fi/LAN and custom/Internet network ranges scanning
· detection of all network devices + hidden
· IP/MAC addresses, vendor names, IP countries info and more
· Bonjour, mDNS, Mac OS X and iOS network names
· NetBIOS, Samba, LLNMR and Windows PC network names
· UPnP and SSDP/DLNA device network names
· Unicode and international network names support
· device models detection (on OS X and iOS)
· shared printers detection (on OS X)
· "online", "firewalled" and other host states detection
· superfast smart algorithms optimized for huge networks
INSTANT LAN/WI-FI BROWSER/LOOKUP
· instant detection of all network names on LAN/Wi-Fi
· no need for a full deep network scan for a quick LAN overview
· instant IP lookup by a LAN hostname (or vice versa)
· type in (non-DNS) LAN hostname in almost all built-in tools
· works with all supported Mac, PC and device names
PING & TRACEROUTE
· real-time network path traceroute monitor and ping
· network path bottlenecks and packet loss visualization
· IPs, hostnames and info for each hop
· reverse hostnames, AS numbers and countries info
· multi-node and multi-path hops detection
· superfast detection of predefined and custom ports
· open, filtered/firewalled and closed TCP/UDP ports detection
· detection of extra services/ports with protocol level probes
DEEP WHOIS LOOKUP AND TRACE
· WHOIS of any IP, domain or AS number
· IPv4 and IPv6 WHOIS support
· all top level domains (TLD) support
· support for all internationalized domain names (IDN)
· support for WHOIS trace across a chain of WHOIS servers
· custom servers usage (type "-h host" in query)
· custom ports usage (type "-p port" in query)
DNS DIG, LOOKUP AND TRACE
· support for A, AAAA, ANY, CNAME, PTR, NS, MX, SOA, SRV records
· support for "-t type" option or just add record type into query
· support for "+trace" and "+all" options typed in query/hostname field
· support for custom DNS server and port via "-h host" and "-p port" options
· support for DNS queries to local multicast IP addresses (automatically)
WAKE ON LAN, WI-FI OR OVER INTERNET
· wake on LAN/Wi-Fi or cellular/Internet
· detection of router external IP for pre-saved/pre-scanned hosts
· detection of MAC addresses ignoring bogus ones (for sleeping hosts)
· Wi-Fi IP address and network mask info, SSID, BSSID
· cellular and VPN IP addresses and network masks
· external router IP address detection
· default gateway/router IP address detection
· DNS servers detection
EXTENSIVE EXPORT, IMPORT AND HISTORY
· copy and email all data and history
· export and import separate hosts, entire or all groups
· export separate lists of Bonjour, PC, UPnP/SSDP or a list of all hostnames
· export a list of free IP addresses
· export a list of busy IP addresses
· export text and .SCANY files via email as attachments
· open .SCANY files from email in Scany or Net Status
· export as text, .TXT and/or .CSV files via email
· choose data fields to export
· regular updates and careful support
· universal binary for all devices
· demo videos on our site: http://j.mp/scany_vids
What's new in version 1.9.13
v.1.9.13 fixes a possible crash on networks with some Bonjour hosts/services v.1.9.11 adds features and improves compatibility with the latest iOS and new devices (read full details): - better compatibility with the latest iOS and new iPhones - 64-bit support and major code cleanup in preparation for bigger updates - lots of improvements and bug fixes, including: ○ an improved set of existing and new built-in tools · fast access via the "Quick Tools" menu using the "(○○○)" button · no need to first scan a host or a network to access a separate tool · separate Ping, Trace, Whois, WOL, Portscan and other tools ○ (nearly) instant LAN Hostname Browser/Lookup tool · works almost instantly w/o a need for a full deep LAN scan · supports Bonjour, LLMNR, NetBIOS/Samba/SMB and UPnP/SSDP hostnames · live search/lookup by hostname or IP address ○ allows to type (non-DNS) LAN hostnames directly in almost all built-in tools ○ improved and more reliable network host and device discovery · improved and faster Bonjour, LLMNR, NetBIOS/Samba/SMB, UPnP/SSDP hostname lookup · improved lookup of hostnames with international and Unicode symbols · improved memory efficiency allows scanning much larger net ranges · smarter and faster discovery algorithms and strategies (for large LANs) · more reliable detection of firewalled, hidden and online hosts · proper detection of sleeping hosts behind a sleep proxy or redirect · proper detection of NetBIOS master browser hosts ○ improved and more reliable port scanning algorithms (a Portscan tool) · more reliably detects (open) UDP ports · more reliably detects filtered and closed ports · shows filtered ports in the scan log ○ improved Wake on LAN/Wi-Fi tool · ignores (wrong) ARP addresses of sleeping hosts for which a sleep-proxy responds · ignores (wrong) ARP addresses of sleeping hosts for which a router responds · existing ARP address of a sleeping (previously awake host) won't be deleted ○ DNS dig and trace (lookup) tool · supports A, AAAA, ANY, CNAME, PTR, NS, MX, SOA, SRV RR records · supports custom DNS server and port via "-h host" and "-p port" options · supports "+trace" and "+all" options typed in query/hostname field · supports "-t type" option or just add record type into query · supports DNS queries to local multicast IP addresses (automatically) ○ improved DNS lookup · supports CNAME redirects for PTR records ○ improved Whois tool · supports Whois trace across a server chain via the "+trace" option in query · supports custom Whois server and port via "-h host" and "-p port" options · supports many new TLD, IDN, SLD zones ○ improved Whois subsystem with 418 new zones · 382 new top level domain (TLD) zones supported · 24 new internationalized domain name (IDN) zones supported · 36 new second level domain (SLD) zones supported · IDN/ACE zone name displayed in results for IDN domains · trims extra new lines at beginning and end of Whois results ○ improved Network Info tool with current DNS servers list ○ updated IP to country database ○ updated hardware/vendor database ○ export and import .SCANY JSON format files via email · export and import separate hosts, entire or all groups · export text and .SCANY files via email as attachments · open .SCANY files in Scany or Net Status apps ○ export (analyzed) scan results for easier maintenance of network inventory · export as text, .TXT and/or .CSV files via email · export separate lists of Bonjour, PC, UPnP/SSDP or a list of all hostnames · export a list of free IP addresses · export a list of busy IP addresses · choose data fields to export ○ full support of native screen resolutions of new devices ○ new icons optimized for new iOS and new devices If you've noticed a bug or have some troubles with setting up the app, please contact us via support form on our website.
Scany ~ network and port scanner traceroute ping whois wake on lan is a universal app, and is available on the iTunes App Store for $3.99 (Ads free) with no in-app purchases. The app is compatible with all devices running iOS 6.1 or later, including the new iPhone 6 and iPad Mini. To download the Scany ~ network and port scanner traceroute ping whois wake on lan app click the button below to go to the app's download page.
If you've enjoyed this app, rate and review it on the App store and in the comments section below.
Useful functionality, poor UI. Useful functionality, poor UI
Invaluable must-have if you are needing a mobile p. Much simpler than Nmap but also quite powerful. It's been my go-to for years. Best network tool I'm aware of.
Fantastically informative. After several multi dollar purchases of at least 3 other apps, this one easily scanned my local wifi and easily revealed my upnp
devices as well as just about anything else one could possibly need to know.
Awesome App..... And love the updates...
Exactly what I wanted. Great app! Thank you
Share this Review
This review of Scany ~ network and port scanner traceroute ping whois wake on lan was written by Carol Swift
Download Scany ~ network and port scanner traceroute ping whois wake on lan App Latest Version on Android and iOS. You can get it directly on your device or download the app to your PC or Mac computer then install the app on your tablet or smart phone.