The Moog Model 15 App is the first Moog modular synthesizer and synthesis educational tool created exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Each facet of the Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer has been meticulously recreated in this application to ensure the power and transcendent sound quality of each module remains intact. The character, harmonic complexity and mystique of the Moog Model 15’s modules, from the legendary Moog 921–series oscillators and 904A Low Pass Filter, to the coveted 907 Fixed Filter Bank have been painstakingly preserved.
In order to develop the most immersive and expressive modular interface possible, the Model 15 App has been designed utilizing Apple’s new Metal advanced graphics engine. This ensures that all zooming, panning and modular patching throughout the application feels completely natural, something that would have been impossible otherwise.
The Model 15 App features both monophonic and 4-voice polyphonic operation is easily commanded via 4 seamlessly integrated controllers. Simple swipes and taps provide instant access to a traditional Moog keyboard, 1150 ribbon controller, 8-step sequencing arpeggiator and the award-winning Animoog keyboard with 22 built-in scales and polyphonic modulation capabilities.
Also included are extended features which expand the capabilities of the app beyond the traditional offerings of the hardware Moog Model 15. These include total MIDI integration, assignment for external control, use as a MIDI controller, dedicated Audio Bridge and MIDI Bridge modules, looping recorder module with overdubbing, a master ping-pong delay module and a new extension cabinet that includes additional amplifiers and voltage-controlled reversible attenuators that can be used for effects like ring-modulation.
Because the Model 15 App utilizes Apple’s Metal technology, only 64-bit devices are supported. Compatible devices include iPhone 5s or newer, iPod touch 6 or newer, iPad Air or newer, and the iPad Pro.
The Model 15 App requires iOS version 9.3 or later to work.
• Ships with over 160 unique presets
• Recreates the sound of a hardware Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer
• Easily share presets and recordings with anyone
• Tutorial patches to assist all experience levels
• Intuitive patching and cable coloring
• Support for landscape and portrait modes
• Voltage-controlled stereo ping-pong delay
• Expressive sequencing arpeggiator
• Moog 1150 Ribbon controller
• Real-time looping recorder with overdub and immediate sharing
• Up to two controllers on-screen (iPad only)
• Optional left-handed UI operation
• 3D Touch and Apple Pencil integration for after pressure
• Note-per-channel MIDI controllers
• Ableton Link
• Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• MIDI Bridge and Audio Bridge
• 7 and 14-Bit MIDI
• MIDI Program Change
• Bluetooth LE MIDI controllers
• Typing keyboards for shortcuts and musical typing
• AudioCopy, AudioPaste and AudioShare
What's new in version 1.1.0
• The SETTINGS -> SHARE panel now allows you to create and share a music video from audio in the Recorder module. • Saved patches, arpeggios and CC maps are now automatically stored on your iCloud drive. They can be retrieved through SETTINGS -> SHARE -> iCLOUD DOCUMENTS from any device that uses the same iCloud account. • Keys can now be released when HOLD is active by tapping any currently pressed key. • Recordings now use much less memory. • Recordings can now be up to 5 minutes in length. • Recordings are now persisted across application restarts and the undo buffer. • Added crossfading to the Recorder Module to prevent clicks at the beginning and end of a recording. • Added a configuration option to prevent controllers from being changed when presets are loaded. • Added a progress indicator for tutorial presets • Tutorial presets now continue highlighting areas during wiring. • Added support for highlighting individual ports, knobs and switches in the tutorial presets. • Updated factory tutorial presets to reflect new highlighting capabilities. • Factory tutorial presets can no longer be accidentally replaced. • Values of CC mapped controls are now sent out on preset change. • Added support for incoming MIDI RPN 0 to temporarily set the pitch bend range. • Added support for "shake to undo”, which also works during tutorial presets. • Added "rate on app store" and "contact us for help" buttons on the SETTINGS -> ABOUT panel. • Support for iOS 10. • Improvements to inter-app audio connectivity. • Improved core audio engine. • Improved Ableton Link support. • Improved stability on iPad Air 1. • Improved fluidity of GUI rendering on older devices. • Improved precision of the Apple Pencil as a controller. • Improvements to the built-in manual. • Updated AudioCopy to v3.3. • Fixed stability problems when using incoming messages on MIDI channel 16.
iOS Compatibility & Supported Devices
Recent Reviews (See app reviews)
I can't imagine a more versatile instrument for your phone. An incredible emulation of the classic Moog modular synthesizer.
Truly very nice, allows you to experiment and develop nice sounds and effects. Nice interface too.
Great way to learn modular synthesis and sounds amazing too!
Technical support & help
Having trouble with the application? Report issues and get help here.