Ride CTA, Metra & Pace with Ventra: Manage your fares, buy Metra mobile tickets, get arrivals.
Use transit in and around all of Chicago: It's easy to manage and pay your fare on CTA, Metra and Pace buses and trains with the Ventra app. Find all the features you're used to on the Ventra website and more, including mobile ticketing for Metra trains!
With the Ventra app, you can:
• Check your balance and available passes in your Ventra Card's transit account.
• Instantly load value or passes to your Ventra Card's transit account.
• Switch autoload for transit value or passes on and off.
• Buy and use Metra mobile tickets to ride any Metra train.
• Use transit value you've loaded to buy a Metra ticket.
• Get real-time account notifications so you know when it's time to load more fare or buy more tickets.
• Get real-time arrival/departure information from CTA, Metra and Pace all in one app—by picking a stop, using favorites or looking at service near where you're standing.
Ventra App Details & Overview
Ventra is an application developed by Chicago Transit Authority and released on iOS. The app is compatible with iOS 7.1 or later on the following devices: iPhone 7, iPhone 6, iPad 3, iPad Mini and iPod Touch 5G or newer.
Download the Ventra app and use on your iPhone or iPad. Click here to download the app for Android or Windows devices.
Developer site: Support
What's new in version 1.3.1
We’ve added a NEW Multiple Riders feature in My Metra Tickets to make it easier to launch multiple Metra tickets at once for whenever you’re traveling with friends & family! Other good stuff: • Added option to switch to nearby stops from Transit Tracker favorites listing • Added directional information to Pace bus services in Transit Tracker • More intuitive payment selection options when paying for a Metra Ticket or transit pass with Ventra transit value • Improved Metra weekend ticket display • Shows more complete validity info for monthly CTA Link-Up and Pace PlusBus passes (these special passes are available only to people with a corresponding Metra monthly ticket) • Accessibility improvements • Performance improvements and bug fixes