The gameplay mixes a one-touch racing mechanic with 2 weapon/defensive buttons. The progression features an in-depth career mode with RPG-like humoristic conversations with parodic characters, an endless mode and a boat crafting editor!
One-Touch Racing Mechanic:
Touch to accelerate, release to brake. Slow down on a wave to stick to it (bind speed requirement depends on the boat downforce, sometimes you have to slow down more). If you keep the gas pressed, you'll jump off the waves. You can stick to water before the wave begins, but if you re-accelerate on a straight line, you'll un-stick.
Releasing the gas while in the air will make you fall faster.
Obstacles and Power-Ups:
If air drag makes you quicker by staying on water, sometimes it's best to jump. It could be for grabbing a power-up, avoiding an obstacle or a tricky set of waves.
Fighting with opponent brings a whole new dimension to the game. It not only adds action, but also tactical aspects, which quickly becomes a key for victory. For instance, slowing down to get behind an opponent to avoid being hit and let him deplete his bullet on another boat.
- The acceleration button covers the whole right side. You can touch the bottom edge of the screen to avoid covering the action.
- Featured by Apple on numerous occasions!
- (4.5/5) Touch Arcade "I'd strongly recommend it to anyone who enjoys sidescrolling arcade games or can appreciate a different angle on the racing genre"
- (4.5/5) App Advice "perfect for anyone who enjoys boat racing and fastpaced, frenzied arcade games"
- (4/5) 148Apps ''Pixel Boat Rush's unique blend of mechanics make it an excitingly original racing game''
- (4/5) Indie Game Reviewer ''This is a iOS racing game that gets so many things right. It’s simple but complex, it’s challenging but fun, Pixel Boat Rush is a great game that I highly recommend''
- (3.5/5) Pocket Gamer ''A surprisingly sharp and clever racer, Pixel Boat Rush is well worth diving into''
- (4.5/5) TheAppleGoogle "more than enough to guarantee players hours of intense high speed action in an electrifying experience"
- (4.25/5) Reviewed on the Reviews on the Run TV Show!!
- Career, endless and arcade modes
- 15 racing tracks
- 116 racing events across 7 types of race (normal, ceasefire, eliminations, demolition, carnage, last man standing, endurance)
- 20 Licenses: series of miniquests which unlock the next racing categories
- 64 racing boats, each with its own specific upgradable configuration: find which boat is best suited for each event!
- A boat editor with 3 custom hangars where you can craft your own boat creations!
- Over 28 types of guns
- 4 racing categories: climb the ladders and become the world champion!
- Powerups: boost, ammo, shield, coins, repair
- Time trial mode against your best ghosts
- Trophies system for replay value: finish first in all races to collect all gold trophies
- Game Center: leaderboards (based on best lap time and trophies earned) and achievements
- Cloud save with manual upload/download and 3 save files
- MFI and other controllers support
- Rich original retro soundtrack
- Live broadcasting
What's new in version 1.3.3
- Fixed Live Broadcasting freeze issue on iPad - Fixed minor bugs
Need help? Use our walkthrough or sign up and make your contribution today.
The Pixel Boat Rush app game is now available for $1.99 on iOS. The app is compatible with iOS 8.0 or later on the following devices: iPhone 7, iPhone 6, iPad 3, iPad Mini and iPod Touch 5G or newer.
Download Pixel Boat Rush and play on your iPhone or iPad. You can find links to download the app here.
Developer site: Support
Pixel Boat Rush Has Add-Ons
Small Treasure Chest
Large Treasure Chest
Note: Add-ons available as in-app purchases
Loving this game
Great minus in app purchases