Teach Your Monster to Read is an award-winning phonics and reading game that’s helped over a million children learn to read.
● Covers the first two years of learning to read, from matching letters and sounds to enjoying little books.
● Designed in collaboration with leading academics.
● Complements all synthetic phonics programmes used in schools.
● Suitable for school and home use.
● Now includes all 3 games! First Steps, Fun With Words and Champion Reader!
Children create a monster and take it on a magical journey over three extensive games - meeting a host of colourful characters along the way and improving their reading skills as they progress.
The game is rigorous and works with any phonics scheme so it’s perfect for use in school and at home. It’s developed in collaboration with leading academics at the University of Roehampton.
The app is commonly used in preschool, primary school, kindergarten and first grade as an interactive teaching resource.
● Complements Phases 2-5 of UK Government-approved Letters and Sounds and other major systematic synthetic phonics programmes.
● Absolutely no in-app purchases, hidden costs or in-game adverts. Perfect for kids!
● Suitable for ages 3-6.
● Designed in collaboration with reading experts from Roehampton University.
● Available on iPad and iPhone.
Reviews of the online game:
"This game is the absolute best quality phonics game I have come across for educational and fun value."
Marie Lewis, Rochdale
“My class have reaped loads of benefits from using the programme and the difference in some of their reading skills has been dramatic."
Maria Andrews, Foundation Phase Teacher
"This is a fabulous game. I'm not kidding when I say that my daughter essentially learned all her letter sounds using First steps, with relatively minimal input from me! Great for parents to practise their letter sounds too."
What's new in version 3.0.3
- New! You can change your monster's appearance by tapping on it in the monster shop! - Added an 'exit' button to log out of game (within the monster shop) - Small bug fixes - Any aspect ratios - Improved full screen behaviour - Improved memory use
Rank in top paid apps
Teach Your Monster to Read: First Steps requires iOS version 6.0 or later on the following device models: iPhone 7 ,iPhone 6 ,iPhone 5 ,iPad 3 ,iPad Mini and iPod Touch 5G or newer.
Click the button below to download it from the iTunes store using your iPhone or visit the app's download page for android and other platforms.
Developer site: Teach Your Monster to Read: First Steps support
Love it but. The sounds are SO loud and the guy who is speaking isn't. It makes it hard to have it at...
Great App!. Not sure why there are negative reviews. This is a great app! My daughter absolutely loves it and so do...
Mom. This app is AMAZING!! I have three boys, 2,4,6. My oldest really struggled with letter sounds so we found this game...
Good app for my 4 yr old. The app is easy to use and enjoyable for my son.
Wonderful… Perfect when a few things fixed. I love, love, love the Teach Your Monster To Read games for my ELL students! And even better, they love...