Put a mini map on your Pebble smart watch, and get turn-by-turn directions to a destination!
Please also install the watchface from the Pebble App Store.
- Main mode: Map + current address at bottom
- Hit up button: Turn-by-turn arrow + instructions
- Hit down button: Turn-by-turn arrow + map
- Hit middle button: Pops up a menu for zoom, grayscale and GPS controls. Keep hitting middle to rotate through and/or dismiss
- Turn-by-turn requires a destination to be set in the iOS app first!
Map types: Terrain, Satellite, Hybrid and Streetmap
Map depth: Black&White, Grayscale, or color
Walking and driving directions
Optional buzzes to alert you to upcoming turns
Address book integration
Control zoom level and map depth from the watch
Built-in battery saving techniques:
- Phone GPS shuts off after a few minutes if not using the watchface.
- Intelligent background updating to minimise CPU time in the background (iPhone 5 or later)
Unless you are running in an LE-only mode (such as Pebble Round), you can only have one third-party iOS app talking to your Pebble at once.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
MapsGPS uses data to download maps and directions. A wifi or cellular connection to the internet is required.
Turn-by-turn directions is available in most countries, but not completely worldwide - please see this list to see if your country is supported: https://www.apple.com/au/ios/feature-availability/
What's new in version 3.2.1
The "Update more often" setting now updates a bit more often. Other misc small fixes.
Rank in top paid apps
PebbGPS - Pebble Smartwatch maps and directions requires iOS version 7.1 or later on the following device models: iPhone 6 ,iPhone 5 ,iPad 3 ,iPad Mini and iPod Touch 5G or newer.
Click the button below to download it from the iTunes store using your iPhone or visit the app's download page for android and other platforms.
Developer site: PebbGPS - Pebble Smartwatch maps and directions support
Could be great. Compass view could be more intuitive.
It works :D. When I first got this app a while back it didn't work and was very much a disappointment. But the...
Use. It all the time
Works!. Worked right away.
Pretty good. This works pretty well but needs to have transit directions for riding the bus to make it better.