Developer: Open Whisper Systems
Current Version: 2.8.3
File Size: 51.05 MB
Age Rating: 4+
Ratings: 4.50 (5 votes)
Privacy is possible, Signal makes it easy.
Using Signal, you can communicate instantly while avoiding SMS fees, create groups so that you can chat in real time with all your friends at once, and share media all with complete privacy. The server never has access to any of your communication and never stores any of your data.
• Say Anything - Signal uses an advanced end to end encryption protocol that provides privacy for every message every time.
• Open Source - Signal is Free and Open Source, enabling anyone to verify its security by auditing the code. Signal is the only private messenger that uses open source peer-reviewed cryptographic protocols to keep your messages safe.
• Be Yourself - Signal uses your existing phone number and address book. There are no separate logins, usernames, passwords, or PINs to manage or lose.
• Group Chat - Signal allows you to create encrypted groups so you can have private conversations with all your friends at once. Not only are the messages encrypted, but the Signal server never has access to any group metadata such as the membership list, group title, or group icon.
• Fast - The Signal protocol is designed to operate in the most constrained environment possible. Using Signal, messages are instantly delivered to friends.
• Speak Freely - Make crystal-clear phone calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@WhisperSystems) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
What's new in version 2.8.3
• Added censorship circumvention for users with Signal numbers from Oman • Improved message reliability for censorship circumvention • Re-centered search bar in invite flow • Fixed database issue clearing data & crashing on re-registration
Rank in top paid apps
Signal - Private Messenger requires iOS version 8.0 or later on the following device models: iPhone 6 ,iPhone 5 ,iPad 3 ,iPad Mini and iPod Touch 5G or newer.
Click the button below to download it from the iTunes store using your iPhone or visit the app's download page for android and other platforms.
Developer site: Signal - Private Messenger support
Recent Reviews (See app reviews)
Privacy. I love privacy when I'm Texting
This app provides that
Apple 🍎 compatible. Works great with my iPhone 6. Been using now for 2+ years. 👍🏼
Easy to use privacy. What more needs to be said? If you are concerned about your privacy in texts or phone calls this is...
Secure and easy. Secure, erasable, and great for business enterprises requiring advanced security
Great from what i've seen. I've only used this app to text my friends that have the app and it works well.