Need to quickly see if there will be rain at home or at work today? Need to check the UV index over the next few hours? Need to look at the forecast for the upcoming weekend? Partly Sunny has you covered.
Partly Sunny features:
• Quick glances of what’s happening in the sky at your current location and your favorite locations.
• Detailed looks at forecasts to show what’s happening throughout the hour, the day, and the week at your locations.
• Hour-by-hour graphs that plot temperature, chance of precipitation, cloud cover, humidity, UV index, wind, or more.
• Day-by-day graph that plots high and low temperatures throughout the week.
• U.S. & U.K. locations: precipitation-intensity graph for the next hour when it’s raining or snowing.
• U.S. locations: links to pollen forecasts and NOAA weather offices for winter-weather predictions, tropical forecasts, marine forecasts, and more.
• A widget to show both a quick glance and a detailed look at your selected location’s forecast.
• A light theme and a dark theme.
• Versions for both iPhone and iPad.
• Location renaming and fine-tuning.
• 3D Touch: app-icon widget and shortcuts. Peek and Pop in List View; Location View’s severe-weather alerts, pollen-forecast, and NOAA buttons; and the day-by-day graph.
• URL scheme: partlysunny://, partlysunny://currentlocation, and partlysunny://addlocation.
• Powered by Dark Sky.
Partly Sunny has been featured by Apple in “New Apps We Love”, MacStories, AppAdvice, and Lifehacker.
Partly Sunny “introduces a robust, beautiful new way to view weather information. […] What’s immediately striking about Partly Sunny’s design is that it feels designed to belong in iOS. It’s an app that feels built by Apple if the company decided to make a massive iterative change to its own stock Weather app.” – MacStories
“If you are looking for minimalism in your weather app, then Partly Sunny will satisfy your cravings. […] Partly Sunny offers the information you need in a concise and flexible way.” – AppAdvice
What's new in version 1.1.1
*** Known issue *** After updating to 1.1, if the widget shows a wonky forecast instead of your Current Location forecast, follow these steps to get it working again: 1. Open Partly Sunny. 2. Go to Settings > Widget Location. 3. Select any location (including Current Location). 4. Check the widget. It should be working normally again. —————————— This update is packed with many new features, changes, and fixes. In the app, you can always see what’s new by going to Settings > What’s New. What’s new: • Turn those iPads sideways! Landscape orientation on iPad is now supported. (Support for Split View and Slide Over coming in a future update.) • Current Location can be turned off in Edit Locations. • The widget location is now customizable either in Settings or by tapping the “i” next to a location in Edit Locations. • The “location services disabled” message will no longer repeatedly show. • Hour-by-hour graphs better plot non-temperature conditions. No more misleading graph spikes and dips. • Hour-by-hour graph headers now include the day being viewed and remain stationary as the graph scrolls. • Added option in Settings to use actual or “feels like” temperatures in the app and widget. If “feels like” temperatures are selected, thermometer icons will be colored yellow instead of red. Temperatures can also be switched in List View, Location View, and Day View by swiping right with two fingers for “feels like” temperatures or left with two fingers for actual temperatures. • UV index is now an option for hour-by-hour graphs. • The four conditions that appear under the current temperature in Location View and under the high and low temperatures in Day View can be customized in Settings. • The severe-weather-alerts popup now includes a tappable index for locations with multiple alerts. • Fixed bottom of widget in condensed mode occasionally getting cut off on some devices. • Fixed widget precipitation-intensity graph sometimes exaggerating hourly precipitation. • Icons in the day-to-day graph are larger. • Hour-by-hour graphs on iPhone 6 Plus and 7 Plus contain an additional hour. • 3D Touch app-icon shortcuts display a fifth location instead of “Add Location” if there are five or more saved locations. • Tweaked dark-theme colors. • Changed mixed-precipitation icon for clarity. • Miscellaneous fixes for coaching labels, adding locations, and graph bars. If you have a question or suggestion, please email: email@example.com. Ratings and reviews reset with each new version of Partly Sunny. If you have a moment, please leave a new rating or update/resubmit a previous rating on the App Store. Your support is appreciated and helps Partly Sunny get discovered!
Rank in top paid apps
The Partly Sunny app game is now available for $2.99 on iOS. The application is compatible with iOS 10.0 or later on the following devices: iPhone 7, iPhone 6, iPad 3, iPad Mini and iPod Touch 5G or newer.
Download Partly Sunny and use it on your iPhone or iPad (See button below). If you have an Android or Windows device, you can find links to download this app here.