Listen to your baby’s heartbeat.
"Ground breaking technology” Wired
"Completely amazing” Fox News
"Hear Your Unborn Baby's Heartbeat” Mashable
Shell is the ultimate prenatal device. It slides easily onto your phone and turns it into a baby heartbeat listener. While the device makes it possible for you to capture the sound of your baby’s heartbeat, the accompanying Shell app is used for listening, recording and sharing features.
IMPORTANT: Shell app is not to be used without the Shell device, since it does not guarantee any reliable results whatsoever.
An Experience Unlike Any Other.
Shell device is inspired by the Pinard horn, a centuries-old method used by midwives. Taking modern day developments, It brings you a safe and non-invasive way to hear your baby’s heartbeat without the use of ultrasound waves.
Shell device consists of two acoustic horns: the input horn uses its unique acoustic properties to harvest, focus and enhance low-frequency sounds of your baby’s heart in a way that no ordinary phone microphone can, thus making it possible to capture the small heartbeat after the first half of pregnancy. The output horn enhances the power capabilities of the phone’s speaker and makes the sound louder for you to hear.
Making this major life event interactive, Shell device + Shell app provide a unique way to announce a pregnancy with recording and sharing features and also offer a way to keep your inner circle connected with your growing bundle of joy as it progresses toward birth.
The most recent addition to the Shell app is the kick-counter: an easy, non-invasive test that you can do at home to check your baby's well-being. The test helps you monitor your baby’s movement to alert you to any decreased activity, generally considered to be sign of potential problems.
Key features of the Shell app:
- Listen to your baby’s heartbeat found with the Shell device
- Record and store an unlimited number of tracks
- Share the recordings with loved ones
- Kick counter test
- Shell app filters out ambient noise to enable listening of the sound captured by the device
- Easy and safe to use
- Noninvasive technology enables you to safely use your Shell
- App only works with the Shell device. Using the app without the Shell device is not supported and does not guarantee any reliable listening experience.
- We like to ensure the safety of all moms and babies. Shell is safe to use but as a precaution, please place your phone in airplane mode.
- Before using the Shell app take the device out of its case or cover in order to eliminate any false "beating" sounds.
- For best results it is recommended to use Shell device from week 30. In some instances the baby’s heartbeat can be heard even earlier.
- Please note the Shell (both device and app) are NOT a medical device and are NOT intended to replace any medical advice given by a physician.
Shell app is supported on the following iPhone devices: 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7 and 7 Plus.
Shell - Baby's First Heartbeat Listener App Details & Overview
Shell - Baby's First Heartbeat Listener is an application developed by Bellabeat, Inc. and released on iOS. The app is compatible with iOS 9.0 or later on the following devices: iPhone 7, iPhone 6, iPad Pro, iPad Mini and iPod Touch 6G or newer.
Download the Shell - Baby's First Heartbeat Listener app and use on your iPhone or iPad. Click here to download the app for Android or Windows devices.
What's new in version 1.13
- various fixes and improvements Thanks for using Shell! Every update of our app includes improvements to make Shell faster, more reliable and easier to use.